Law School Discussion

Toby Stock Call Thread

Toby Stock Call Thread
« on: October 29, 2007, 12:55:14 PM »
The emails have gone out. Post here when you get the call.

I don't think there have been any today?

Re: Toby Stock Call Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 01:49:35 PM »
Got one this morning.  My cell phone dropped the call the first time  :-\

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 02:33:28 PM »
Wow -- it has begun. Congrats. How was the conversation otherwise? Pretty relaxed?

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 03:01:07 PM »
I've been waiting, but so far no call today. He's been known to call slightly past business hours before, so I'm still hoping. Otherwise, tomorrow is a brand new day. :-)

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 03:37:26 PM »
Just got off the phone with him. I thought everything went smoothly. First thing he asked me was "So what's taking up your time these days?" Then he asked me something about a minor activity on my resume, which kinda surprised me. Then he mentioned something about my academic transcript. I responded, and in his answer he segued into some things that make Harvard great. In his answer, he mentioned one of the things that I had been planning to ask about (opportunity to register for classes outside of the law school), so when he proceeded to ask if he had any questions I moved to my back-up question, which was about student housing. Then I said my only other question was how things are in Boston on the day after. Then he mentioned the Patriots, and I said my Steelers would beat them. Then he thanked me for my time. Total time: eight minutes. I give myself a B.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 04:00:51 PM »
Got one this morning.  My cell phone dropped the call the first time  :-\

SoCalBruin--when did you receive an interview email?

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 04:32:24 PM »
I got the email last Thursday.  The conversation was pretty informal.  He was very approachable and easy to talk to.  I was kind of nervous and probably spoke a little too quickly, which might explain why it only lasted about 6 minutes.  Best of luck to all you with calls on the way!  I'm sure I'll make you look good by comparison. 

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 04:32:52 PM »
Hahaha. I felt like we're two guys, so I couldn't go wrong with sports banter. I think he liked it.

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 05:52:41 PM »
Wow. That was quick.  Good job guys!!

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 06:47:03 PM »
I would sell my firstborn for that email.  On that note, sounds like you all did great.  Good luck!