Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dropped out of college  (Read 3325 times)

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
Re: Dropped out of college
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 05:52:58 PM »
Is this entire thread a flame?  Yoda has almost 20000 posts and doesn't know these things?

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 07:34:20 PM »
im sure its been asked b4,but im having trouble seeing the ez answer

can u apply to a school FT, and if that should not pan out have it considered as PT?

Depends on the school. I had a friend that did this at a bunch of schools last cycle... she had mixed answers. For the record, I don't think she got into an PT after being rejected FT>

LSAC lists 2 gpa's, right?

whats the difference?

One is your LSAC GPA, one your Degree Summary. LSAC is the evil one.... degree summary will show how you did at the school from which you graduated.

Is this entire thread a flame?  Yoda has almost 20000 posts and doesn't know these things?

Yoda lives on the Off Topic board.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 08:47:47 PM »
hmmm, perhaps the MBA might be more forgiving...

Must I submit a transcript from EVERY institution I've ever attended, including those where I participated in summer programs and semesters abroad?
You must submit transcripts from your degree-granting institutions and those whose grades were transferred to your degree-granting institution. It is not necessary to submit transcripts from summer course work or study abroad if it was not required for your degree, if it was less than 9 credit hours or if completion of these courses is reflected on your main transcript, which need not contain the actual grades you earned for them.
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

greggreggreg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 08:30:06 AM »
problem with that is it will drop my gpa so low  i wont even qualify at the 25th level for any school!

Listen... my gpa was around 25th percentile, but by LSAT was above 75th.  Study your ass off.

Also, anything you put, or don't put on your law school app may not have reprocussions now (although you want to put everything) but when you go to take the bar they check EVERYTHING!  They check your history against your app and if you lied YOU CAN'T TAKE THE BAR!!!  Then you just waster 100-200k and nothing to show. 

Moral of the story:  Write a great essay and study your LSAT

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 09:29:09 AM »
My LSAT is above the 75th percent for all schools im applying to except 1, its that cumulative GPA thats going to cause me trouble   >:(
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?