Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 154 LSAT + 3.65 GPA = ???  (Read 1168 times)

VandySox

• View Profile
    • Email
154 LSAT + 3.65 GPA = ???
« on: October 29, 2007, 01:55:06 AM »
Hoping someone out there has got a bit of advice for me.  I just took the Sept LSAT and got my score back - 154.  My cumulative GPA is a 3.65 (at a top 20 school) with that being the result of a significant upward trend since my freshman year.  I have some legal experience, typical summer intern at a coprorate law firm, and then a full time semester-long internship at the district attorney's office.

I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what kind of schools I should be considering given the above information and whether or not I should consider retaking the test.  I did moderate preparation for the test -- scored anywhere from a 150 to 164 on practice tests.

What is the "best" school I should realistically have a chance of getting in to?

snewcrash

• View Profile
Re: 154 LSAT + 3.65 GPA = ???
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 02:02:10 AM »
also please don't reply to use the gpa/lsat calc.  thats already been done.

if you've used the calculator, why are you asking this question? any advice you get will just be speculation based off of the calculators.

giveme170

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 03:48:04 AM »
also please don't reply to use the gpa/lsat calc.  thats already been done.

if you've used the calculator, why are you asking this question? any advice you get will just be speculation based off of the calculators.

good point. lol

johnsonbays

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 12:16:54 PM »
hey buddy, i am in the same boat as you. Same GPA and i got a 155 on my LSAT but am taking them again in Dec.

Guiness19

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 12:26:40 PM »
Definitely re-take. With the new policy (taking the highest score) it's really the best thing to do. If you opt not to, I have 2 friends with similar numbers. They're at the University of Baltimore and Cal Western (in San Diego). Both really like it, and from what I hear they're doing well.