Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GPA on resumes  (Read 395 times)

XYF

• View Profile
GPA on resumes
« on: October 28, 2007, 11:14:36 PM »
Is it necessary to include a GPA on the resume (since they already have an LSDAS-calculated GPA elsewhere in the application)?

I am thinking of including a major GPA on my resume (which a couple tenths higher than my overall GPA due to a failed engineering major story...) as supplementary information. I'm not sure how to calculate this - weight it according to LSAC (counting A+ as 4.33)? include courses taken at junior colleges? or weight it according to my university (counting A+ as 4.0) and excluding jr college credit I used to fulfill major requirements?

Matthew

• Sr. Citizen
  • Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
Re: GPA on resumes
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 01:10:58 AM »
Is it necessary to include a GPA on the resume (since they already have an LSDAS-calculated GPA elsewhere in the application)?

I am thinking of including a major GPA on my resume (which a couple tenths higher than my overall GPA due to a failed engineering major story...) as supplementary information. I'm not sure how to calculate this - weight it according to LSAC (counting A+ as 4.33)? include courses taken at junior colleges? or weight it according to my university (counting A+ as 4.0) and excluding jr college credit I used to fulfill major requirements?

Since you are putting it under your college, you should only use numbers that your college has calculated.  If they didn't calculate it, I wouldn't include it, and if you do, you need to make very clear that it's a number you generated.
Cycle finally finished!

170/3.82
Accepted: Michigan($$), UCLA, Virginia($$), Duke($$), Georgetown, Vanderbilt($$$), Notre Dame($$$), William & Mary($$$)
Deferred: Northwestern
Waitlisted: Penn ($$)
Rejected: Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, NYU, Chicago