Law School Discussion

Really?

Really?
« on: October 28, 2007, 07:38:52 AM »

Re: GULC Cuts Students After 1L? Really?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 08:00:25 AM »
The ABA guide lists academic attrition rates for every law school in the country. Those rates are self reported though.

http://officialguide.lsac.org/

As for the class size, GULC, like some other top schools, substantially increases its class size after 1L with transfers. In fact, they take more transfers (about 100, I believe) than any other law school, which is why virtually every transfer applicant ends up applying there. So I don't think they cut students after 1L because their class size is "too big", if they do in fact cut students 1L.

nealric

• a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 08:47:11 AM »
Very improbable.

The curve is set up so only one person out of a section of 120 can fail a given class. I have never heard of someone being kicked out over grades.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 06:54:50 PM »
3% do not return to GULC after their first year.  I read this in the US News ultimate guide to law schools.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 10:21:42 PM »
3% do not return to GULC after their first year.  I read this in the US News ultimate guide to law schools.

!= failing students. 

(and it's only 1%, according to the data sheet.)

Yeah, I wasn't claiming that they failed out.  It is, however, in the section labeled "whose students are the most and least likely to drop out?"  And I was wrong--according to the book it's 2% for Georgetown and 3% for Cornell, which is the highest of the T14.