Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Significant Others: Stay Together or Breakup?  (Read 15740 times)

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Significant Others: Stay Together or Breakup?
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 06:30:59 PM »
Aww, Cabra just totally destroyed my e-crush. ;) :D

I've tried long distance relationships before, and they failed miserably. I don't recommend it unless there's really something there--like an extreme amount of trust and attachment--that can't be fulfilled by any other person.

I've done everything I can to avoid getting into lasting relationships, since I know I won't be studying law in my current location. It just complicates things.

Let's start a "used to have an e.crush on Cabra" club.  Mine was destroyed when I found out who she was in real life (which would've made the e.crush kind of creepier) and that she dated the same guy that went after my ex when we broke up after dating for 4 years.  You e.heart breaker, Cabra, you! 

But I got a kick ass youtube link out of the deal... kind of like "The Price is Right" when you win the vacuum cleaner but not the car.
_______
.|E|R|S.

Cabra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 08:08:04 PM »
Tetris, you make me sound awful! Although I can grasp how knowing mr. fur farm sort of bursts the bubble...

I don't have e-crushes per se, but I confess that I spend a fair bit of time fantasizing that the law school I'll go to will have all my favorite posters in it.  :D

And before anyone speculates about the youtube video, it's this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApbvchiEdTY
CLS 2011

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 11:49:10 PM »
Tetris, you make me sound awful! Although I can grasp how knowing mr. fur farm sort of bursts the bubble...

I don't have e-crushes per se, but I confess that I spend a fair bit of time fantasizing that the law school I'll go to will have all my favorite posters in it.  :D

And before anyone speculates about the youtube video, it's this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApbvchiEdTY
You've gotta watch the video everyone.  It's great.  It's the greatest thing since the Beatles.
_______
.|E|R|S.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 11:52:16 PM »
ditch that **e

neverborn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 11:00:45 PM »
Not a chance I will break up. I may be in Chicago with her if I am admitted to and attend UChicago - but if not, she still has one year in undergrad left. Our relationship was long distance in the beginning, we handled it, we can do it again for a year if we need to. She will move after undergrad to be with me wherever I end up.

2.5 years.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=neverborn

Michigan ASW: Apr3-5
NYU ASW: Apr18

Michigan 2011.

daemonsan

• Segue
    • AOL Instant Messenger - daemonsan
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 10:50:28 AM »
She knows where I post...  :P
3.0 UGPA (3.08-3.1 expected at Graduation)
LSAT: 163
URM - Mex./Cau.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=daemonsan

Butters Stotch

• Sr. Citizen
  • Well you can all just go to heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »
My four-year relationship ended a little more than a month into the school year.  The distance was too great, I guess.  I'm glad it worked out the way it did, though.  She was a pain in the ass.
I don't want to do it if it hurts or if it makes you get all sticky.

STLGirlAtHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 08:42:53 PM »
Well, my opinion may not matter much, since I'm a lowly 1L in the middle of exams, but I brought my guy with me when I moved. We had only been together about one and a half years at the time. It turned out to be a great decision. He is an architecture student, and I found it was really nice to come home from school at the end of the day and be completely removed from the whole vibe of law school. He doesn't like to talk about legal issues and he doesn't make jokes that only law students would understand. In other words, he kept me in touch with the world outside of law school. He has also been really supportive during my bad days when I'm freaking out and feel like its getting to be too much. I'm really lucky he came with me. He has been a rock for me this whole semester.

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 08:52:14 PM »
At the moment the plan is for my guy to come with me, but for us to keep our home in Nashville to use for summers/vacations/a place for him to stay if he needs to record here. I guess that is a good compromise. I am concerned that he will get bored while I am studying though.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 08:55:28 PM »
why not just get married and move on with life?