Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ACCEPTED TO U of MIAMI!!!!!!! 2008  (Read 21184 times)

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ACCEPTED TO U of MIAMI!!!!!!! 2008
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 11:43:22 PM »
FWIW, I received a postcard saying my application was complete on October 26th; I received my acceptance letter Nov. 5th, dated 10/31/07!

Congrats to everyone accepted so far!

hurley325

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 12:12:03 AM »
Congrats to all of those already accepted.  I got the postcard dated 10/30, so I'll be pretty nervous checking the mail over the next few days, although with my sub 3 GPA I fully expect to get a deferral or a waitlist (or nothing at all).  Although there were a couple people with a lower index # on LSN who have been accepted so far, so I guess we will see.

An early acceptance from Miami would be huge though, considering that it has basically been my dream school since I applied for undergrad (too bad I couldn't afford it then).  That would allow me to not have to worry about any applications for the next 6 months, since I would be happy if I got accepted at Miami (or just about any school that I applied to).  I could go 1 for 15 and be a happy person.

surget

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 09:08:11 AM »
Good luck, Hurley... I really hope you get in!!!!!

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 09:20:34 AM »
Congrats to all of those already accepted.  I got the postcard dated 10/30, so I'll be pretty nervous checking the mail over the next few days, although with my sub 3 GPA I fully expect to get a deferral or a waitlist (or nothing at all).  Although there were a couple people with a lower index # on LSN who have been accepted so far, so I guess we will see.

An early acceptance from Miami would be huge though, considering that it has basically been my dream school since I applied for undergrad (too bad I couldn't afford it then).  That would allow me to not have to worry about any applications for the next 6 months, since I would be happy if I got accepted at Miami (or just about any school that I applied to).  I could go 1 for 15 and be a happy person.

You have a chance...I hope you get in!

hurley325

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 01:49:31 PM »
Thanks for the positive words.  I expect to get in eventually (once my GPA gets bumped up over 3.0), but getting an early acceptance would be comforting.  Looking at LSN only like 2% of the nearly 300 applicants over the last couple years have been rejected, so that is encouraging as well.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 11:30:51 PM »
Thanks for the positive words.  I expect to get in eventually (once my GPA gets bumped up over 3.0), but getting an early acceptance would be comforting.  Looking at LSN only like 2% of the nearly 300 applicants over the last couple years have been rejected, so that is encouraging as well.

It's still very early in the cycle.  You still could get many early acceptances!

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 06:02:50 PM »
For that question, I didn't really have major papers that I wrote or anything. But I wrote down two "larger" research papers that I wrote in Undergrad that required "extensive" research. Papers in the thirty page range with numerous sources. I don't think they expect you to fill the whole section.

I would just list the major papers you have written and even describe them. I talked about a research paper i wrote on Japanese internment and another paper I wrote that focused on the tort law system and a case study that I did.

Hope that helps

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 11:26:10 PM »
Quantity is not everything in writing.  In many fields (I'm thinking of the social sciences), decent research articles can be done in 10 pages or so. 

surget

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 01:29:43 PM »
I talked a lot about my research papers and my thesis. I think that you should just mention anything you wrote that included research or detailed analysis. Good luck!

snewcrash

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 01:35:59 PM »
For what it's worth, I left that section blank was accepted.