Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ACCEPTED TO U of MIAMI!!!!!!! 2008  (Read 20970 times)

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
Re: ACCEPTED TO U of MIAMI!!!!!!! 2008
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2007, 10:18:38 PM »
In personal news: I just got a scholarship offer  ;D  It came about 2 weeks after the acceptance, just like most everyone else's.

Also, in regards to UM's class size, it differs.  Last year was near 500.  This year, they're aiming for 400-425, according to their website.
I Choo-Choo-Choose you:  Boston College Law School, Class of 2011

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2007, 06:35:55 PM »
Has anyone visited in the past? Or live there now? My gf keeps bugging me to find out more about the general area/school before we go visit in March...any insight into the area (apartments, local amenities, jobs, etc) or the school from people who have been/are there would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2007, 06:37:42 PM »
Has anyone visited in the past? Or live there now? My gf keeps bugging me to find out more about the general area/school before we go visit in March...any insight into the area (apartments, local amenities, jobs, etc) or the school from people who have been/are there would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Can't help you with what you're looking for. Just wanted to tell you that I've been a Liverpool fan since I was born (born in the UK and moved to the US when I was 13). Your avatar makes me feel good inside. Plus, we have similar numbers.. So I wish you the best of luck.

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2007, 07:22:15 PM »

Can't help you with what you're looking for. Just wanted to tell you that I've been a Liverpool fan since I was born (born in the UK and moved to the US when I was 13). Your avatar makes me feel good inside. Plus, we have similar numbers.. So I wish you the best of luck.

haha awesome! you are my new best friends. Too bad they're not doing so hot this year...hopefully they can get something going in the 2nd half of the season! Good luck to you too

billymahogany

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2007, 01:07:36 PM »
Does anyone know what the curve is set at @ UMiami?

The Curve: For first year classes only, faculty must give a combined total of A and B+ grades to at least 20% of the class and a combined total of B, B+, and A grades to at least 45% of the class.  Faculty are free to give more A, B+, and B grades.

Faculty who teach first year classes are required to give C- or below grades to at least 5% of the class,  which would just be 5 in a class of 100 or 3 in class of 50.   The reason for the latter rule is to ensure that students who are in serious academic difficulty are forced to confront the problem early in their law school career, rather than “squeak by” in school and then find themselves unable to pass the bar and unprepared for practice.
In:  UF, Tulane, FSU($), Miami($$$), Stetson, Oregon($)
Out: Washington and Lee
W/L: Arizona
Decision: UF c/o 2011!

MCSEblows

• Save that silver tongue bull for the jury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2007, 09:27:21 AM »
Just received my acceptance letter on Christmas Eve! I'm really excited about this school.... but hopefully they send a scholarship letter as well.  :-\

country girl

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2008, 11:16:53 AM »
YAY, I can join this post!!  Accepted 2 days ago!

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2008, 11:42:10 AM »
Came back to campus last weekend to find my acceptance dated 12/20!
2L and counting...

hurley325

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2008, 12:44:20 PM »
I was accepted 12/26.  It was pretty high on my list, but after getting in to a reach school, it will probably take some scholarship money for me to attend.

etmerian

• Sr. Citizen
  • UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »
Has anyone gotten any $$$ from them?  Still nothing and I got in back in October so I guess it doesn't look good for me.