Law School Discussion

Question about waiting on an additional score

Question about waiting on an additional score
« on: October 25, 2007, 02:42:58 PM »
I took the LSAT in sept and scored a 162. I had some unfortunate circumstances on test day as I was in a car accident literally moments before the test and really wasn't able to focus 100%. I know 162 is a pretty good score but I also know 4 more points gets me consideration at a whole different level of schools. Applying earlier is obviously advantageous but what is the correct process for this situation? Should I apply and send an additional addendum requesting they wait for my December score to make a final decision? Should I just fill out the dates your taking the test on the application as December as well and leave it at that?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Re: Question about waiting on an additional score
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 03:13:56 PM »
I'm wondering the same thing, as I am ready to apply but am also retaking in December.  Any thoughts?

. . .

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 04:16:10 PM »
if you tell them you want them to wait for your Dec score, then your app is not complete until that score comes in. Go ahead and send everything else in, just know they won't look at your file until the Dec score is in. Write the dates on the app and also attach a short addendum.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 06:40:11 PM »
You can always apply to the schools you want to with the 162 and get everything ready for the other schools now, so that you can submit those apps literally the day you get your score.  This would be easy for you if you're confident you'll get a 166 range score on a retake.  It's more risky otherwise.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 07:04:41 PM »
I think I will take the risk. I'm going to go ahead and send in to American/UConn/W & M/St. Johns and save Fordham and a few others in hopes I go up at least 5 points.