Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ask Totally Fun Chicago Students Your Questions  (Read 80899 times)

Big Boy Pants

• View Profile
Re: Ask Totally Fun Chicago Students Your Questions
« Reply #760 on: December 19, 2008, 01:34:50 PM »

Not saying it's inconsistent with Chicago being the best school and producing the best lawyers....but weren't you the one who created the thread a while back complaining about your time at UChicago....among other things, talking about the mean ol' ivy league kids and their secret societies.  It seems like you have a weird obsession/agenda about bashing Harvard and Yale....jsia.

WTF happened to this thread?  :o No wonder they call Chicago the place where fun dies. ::)
3.6x/17X

In: USD, GULC, Penn, NYU, Chicago
Out: Not yet
Waiting: HCB and UCLA

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 19, 2008, 04:16:28 PM »

Not saying it's inconsistent with Chicago being the best school and producing the best lawyers....but weren't you the one who created the thread a while back complaining about your time at UChicago....among other things, talking about the mean ol' ivy league kids and their secret societies.  It seems like you have a weird obsession/agenda about bashing Harvard and Yale....jsia.

WTF happened to this thread?  :o No wonder they call Chicago the place where fun dies. ::)

Finals ended and we all had no need to procrastinate any more.  Plus we're off enjoying break.  Which is a good sign, if you ask me.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 19, 2008, 05:34:44 PM »
Sillyberry is basically on the money.  I'm still here, and trying to play catch up with Gersen's Torts, so if you need any more Chicago info, ask away.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 19, 2008, 08:57:52 PM »
Well, I think he wasn't.   >:(

:)

Big Boy Pants

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 19, 2008, 11:33:54 PM »

Finals ended and we all had no need to procrastinate any more.  Plus we're off enjoying break.  Which is a good sign, if you ask me.

I think he was maybe referring to me being a jerk to theor.

It wasn't that bad.  Just kind of an out of left field comment then.... BAM!!! [/thread] 

And all the posts are out of order now.  I was kind of enjoying the debate. ;D
3.6x/17X

In: USD, GULC, Penn, NYU, Chicago
Out: Not yet
Waiting: HCB and UCLA

Live Free or Die

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: December 25, 2008, 10:05:09 PM »
If you ever get bored with law school:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_and_Loeb

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 25, 2008, 11:46:32 PM »
If you ever get bored with law school:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_and_Loeb

The lesson is, don't take Nietzschean philosophy seriously.

I think you could extent that sentiment to any continental philosopher.

yaylaw

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #767 on: December 26, 2008, 11:40:13 AM »
I haven't read this entire thread, so I apologize if these questions were already answered.

How is the quality of life at UChicago?
Do you ever regret going there? Do you wish you had gone to another school?
What other schools did you consider, and why did you ultimately choose U of C?

Thank you!

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 26, 2008, 12:03:35 PM »
I haven't read this entire thread, so I apologize if these questions were already answered.

How is the quality of life at UChicago?
Do you ever regret going there? Do you wish you had gone to another school?
What other schools did you consider, and why did you ultimately choose U of C?

Thank you!

1.  Fine.  This question is vague, but I guess "fine" is the word that comes to mind.  I mean, I have friends and know people, but they're not like the best people I've ever met and OMZG we're best friends 4 ever and we have this *awesome* Dean Z that feeds us sponge cake.  I plan to study more this upcoming quarter, anyway.

2.  Nope.  However, we'll see how I feel after I get grades back.  If I do well, no regrets.

3.  I considered UVa at half off sticker.  I chose U of C because I want(ed) to practice in the Midwest.  Now I want to go to DC.  That's life for ya.

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 26, 2008, 02:35:59 PM »
1. I'm significantly more happy than freelygive seems to be. I absolutely love it here. Especially the people.

2. Nope, no regrets.

3. The usual suspects (Columbia, NYU, etc.), but it really wasn't that close of a decision after I went to UChicago's ASW. After ASW, I was 100% sold on coming to Chicago; the people I met (current students, prospective students, and faculty) made the biggest difference.
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."