Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ask Totally Fun Chicago Students Your Questions  (Read 80147 times)

ShadWhitmore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Totally Fun Chicago 1Ls Your Questions
« Reply #460 on: March 19, 2008, 03:55:47 PM »
Bump

I'm getting excited for ASW - do you guys have any advice or comments concerning ASW? My wife's also coming, that won't be awkward, right? Would it be pointless to rent a car? - we want to look at a few apartments. Is it possible to meet with professors? One professor in particular has done a lot of research that relates to my thesis, and I'd be interested in briefly meeting with him.

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 19, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »
Bump

I'm getting excited for ASW - do you guys have any advice or comments concerning ASW? My wife's also coming, that won't be awkward, right? Would it be pointless to rent a car? - we want to look at a few apartments. Is it possible to meet with professors? One professor in particular has done a lot of research that relates to my thesis, and I'd be interested in briefly meeting with him.

Its not weird to bring your wife (except for some of the law student specific stuff- like the mock class, for example). I believe last year they actually had panels and things for family members who were tagging along, but I'm not sure.

No real need to rent a car, unless the apartments you're looking at are scattered across the city (and even then, its not a "need" to rent a car).

Which professor is it?
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #462 on: March 19, 2008, 06:14:41 PM »
Bump

Its not weird to bring your wife (except for some of the law student specific stuff- like the mock class, for example). I believe last year they actually had panels and things for family members who were tagging along, but I'm not sure.

No real need to rent a car, unless the apartments you're looking at are scattered across the city (and even then, its not a "need" to rent a car).

Which professor is it?

I think Pre is right - they did have panels for others (parents and spouses) at ASW and also during Orientation.
U of C 2010

ShadWhitmore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 19, 2008, 06:40:04 PM »
Sunstein

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #464 on: March 19, 2008, 07:27:55 PM »
Sunstein

Besides being incredibly busy (underscore incredibly), Sunstein travels more weekends than not (his teaching schedule is normally front-loaded b/c he's out of town from Thursday-Sunday a lot) and he's working on the Obama campaign right now. You might catch him, but I wouldn't count on it.
U of C 2010

MrDiggler

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 19, 2008, 07:29:55 PM »
What kind of accent does Epstein have?
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
You're ~hot, therefore you're ~fly

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 20, 2008, 04:53:53 AM »
An Epsteinian accent.
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

MindTheGap76

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #467 on: March 20, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »
If you want to hear Epstein speak, here is a podcast of our FedSoc Sunstein v. Epstein talk on "Should Conservatives Support Obama?" from a few weeks ago:

http://federalist.uchicago.edu/conservativecaseforobama.mp3

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 20, 2008, 08:39:31 PM »
If you want to hear Epstein speak, here is a podcast of our FedSoc Sunstein v. Epstein talk on "Should Conservatives Support Obama?" from a few weeks ago:

This is A to the Awesome.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

OnTheRoad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 20, 2008, 08:42:26 PM »

This is A to the Awesome.

I love it. You guys are not making the purgatory any easier...