Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: John Edwards...the only one who talks about it.  (Read 3951 times)

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
Re: John Edwards...the only one who talks about it.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 08:07:22 PM »
Signal-to-noise ratio, folks... that's more of an offense than 'plugging for his blog' when putting up his commentary.
     Back on topic, any opinion on that Edwards story regarding his call to a college to kill a college newspaper story? Apparently the reported told them that the story was going to be something about basing his campaign in a college town (for volunteers ans such), then they changed it to be a slam on him for hosting his campaign in a 'well-off' town where he lives, rather than in a working class town where the people he tries to speak for live.
     While I'm all for the first amendment and say that the college paper can run whatever they want, their editor should reconsider if they want any sort of access to the Edwards campaign in the future. You can't sucker someone and then come back for seconds later on...
Rob

I know it's a moot point now, but I have to wonder if newspapers across the country made similar offers to all the candidates, whether Edwards was the one candidate to 'fall' for it, or whether they singled him out for being a "well-off" lawyer...he got took so much slack for being "well off"...but the Clinton family has gotta be worth WAY more than that of Edwards, right?