Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Applying To 26 Law Schools?!  (Read 6510 times)

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
Applying To 26 Law Schools?!
« on: October 25, 2007, 01:08:51 AM »
My friend Gabe just told me his sister applied to 26 law schools.  That’s CRAZY—right?  Has anybody applied to this many schools?   

-RickLax

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
Re: Applying To 26 Law Schools?!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 01:16:07 AM »
We know that you didn't apply to that many. You were too busy spamming message boards.

I applied to 7. 

Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 01:19:58 AM »
Is that too many!?!? Is that CRAZY?!?!? Should I not apply to that many?!?!?! Are the answers in your blog!?!?!

Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 01:24:44 AM »
Does your friend Gabe read your blog? Does his sister? Do they think its awesome???

themanwithoutaname

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 01:37:51 AM »
I only applied to 18 schools.

«ě»

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 07:48:46 AM »
32.. or was it 37? Don't remember for sure, think it was 32 though.

At graduation you won't miss those few hundred dollars spent on applications, might as well cover every school you'd be happy attending.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 09:10:43 AM »
Whoa?  Are you kidding?

I can't imagine what circumstances would warrant applying to that many law schools.  Even if you cover the range of a few target, safety and reach schools I can't imagine the need for more than 12.

I only applied to 4.  2 target and 2 safety.  By definition safety schools should be auto-admit so why on earth would I need more than that?

And sorry but yes I CAN think of better things to spend those few hundred bucks on.  1L books, for example.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

TurboGirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - turbogirl3535
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 10:43:46 AM »
Wow that's a lot. I can't imagine doing that. Well, if I scored in the 130s or 140s on my LSAT and desperately wanted to go to law school. Or maybe if I got a bunch of fee waivers and had no idea what I was doing! That's a lot of apps!

«ě»

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 11:05:43 AM »
Whoa?  Are you kidding?

I can't imagine what circumstances would warrant applying to that many law schools.  Even if you cover the range of a few target, safety and reach schools I can't imagine the need for more than 12.

I only applied to 4.  2 target and 2 safety.  By definition safety schools should be auto-admit so why on earth would I need more than that?

And sorry but yes I CAN think of better things to spend those few hundred bucks on.  1L books, for example.

To have options. If you're financially in a tight spot, you can most likely also put yourself into a position to bargain for financial aid. Those few hundred dollars could turn in to a few thousand that way. Still a good investment.

And the only way you can think of better things to spend those few hundred bucks on is if they're the last bucks you have. Chances are good you'd still have money for 1L books, so it's not the same money we're talking about.

With the exception of paying $50-75 per application, there's absolutely no reason to apply to any less schools than those you would be willing/interested in attending.

thedropper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 11:28:08 AM »
i hear that.  i'm applying to a ton of law schools too (probably will end up being about 22 - 25), because my fiance is simultaneously applying to med school and we're trying to make our locations match.  basically, trying to cast as wide of a net as possible.  my logic is that a.) the cost of the extra apps is minute compared to how much i'm about to drop on law school, and b.) it doesn't entail that much extra work, given that many of the personal statements, etc. can be tweaked slightly and reused.