Law School Discussion

Money tight

TNGA60

• View Profile
    • Email
Money tight
« on: October 24, 2007, 04:14:24 PM »
I always heard that the last six months of your life is supposed to be the most expensive. I think the last year of college for someone who is applying to grad school and law school is at least a close second. jk At this point I am very low on money and I am wondering if yall think it is a viable option to take the LSAT and wait to register for LSDAS. My LSAT score will strongly influence what schools I apply to so I don't think I can prepare the applications until I get the score anyway? Does anyone have a reason why it would be a bad idea to wait and register for lsdas?

Matthew

• Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
Re: Money tight
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 04:30:20 PM »
I took the LSAT in June and registered for the LSDAD a month ago.

K?

• Do You Believe Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 05:11:37 PM »
Are you taking the LSAT in December?

If you're taking it in February or June of the cycle you're applying in, you would be fine waiting.  However, if you're taking it in October or December of that cycle, you need to sign up for LSDAS before your LSAT.  It will, most likely, take around three weeks to a month for all your transcripts and LoRs, once sent, to be processed and ready to go with LSDAS.  For the December LSAT, this puts you very, very late in the application cycle before everything is ready.  For the September cycle, you could possibly get away with it, but IMHO it's not worth the risk.  I would advise, at the very latest, sign up for LSDAS and have everything sent out by early October.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 05:47:30 AM »
I agree with ^

ManTGeo

• HLS 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 06:07:27 AM »
+1

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 07:29:26 AM »
Though we LSD'ers have learned that if you put your LOR's (individual signed envelopes) and Transcript (in it's "I'm a sealed transcript" envelope) into a single FexEx envelope (even express saver) you can turn that month into a week at most.  :-)