Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Reviewing RC sections  (Read 212 times)

lawness

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Reviewing RC sections
« on: October 24, 2007, 05:27:04 PM »
So, when you review your prep test that you just took timed, how do you go about reviewing the RC section? With LG and LR it seems a bit easier because you can see the key inferences you missed or the reasoning behind the correct answer. What is your approach for reviewing RC? Do you reread the passage, go only to the questions you got wrong and try to figure them out? Is there a "best approach" for reviewing the RC section?

Marko

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Reviewing RC sections
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 10:32:01 PM »
that's a good question. i don't have an answer but i can try to get the ball rolling. hopefully we'll have a good idea by the end of this thread hehe

i guess i would say the approach obviously depends on the type of question. For big picture questions (purpose, attitude, main point, purpose of paragraph) it's a bit easier to correct for it. Did you miss a huge chunk of the structure in the answer you chose? was your answer too narrow or broad? for big picture a lot of times this is the problem (at least for me) because i choose an answer that misses something (broad) or choose an answer that misses something important (narrow). then you take this and you adjust for how you read, perhaps focusing on the structure, not getting bogged down in content.

for specific references, why you got it wrong was obvious: you either didn't remember it correctly; or when you went back to search for it you couldn't find it and guessed or misunderstood once you read it quickly. so getting these wrong just tells you that you need to find a better way of tackling specific reference questions. maybe you should make a mental note after each paragraph summarazing what you just read so that you know where things are. maybe you wanna try reading specific references questions first (i don't recommend this necessarily, but i think it's worth trying for a couple of passages to see if it works for you). i think those are the only two methods i know for tackling specific reference questions.

thoughts...
"Miss McElroy says I can do better than B's and C's, but I've decided to stop doing homework and spend the next 15 years studying for the LSAT."