Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Students rapped for stripper pole in dorm  (Read 1215 times)

Anti_Ivy

Students rapped for stripper pole in dorm
« on: September 27, 2004, 12:36:51 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6084979/?GT1=5100

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Three students at Jacksonville University have been punished for installing a stripper pole in an on-campus apartment and taking pictures as fully clothed women performed on it at a party. A female student who won a dance contest also was disciplined.

About a dozen women competed for a $100 Victoria’s Secret gift certificate Sept. 11, said James Foster, a 20-year-old who hosted the party. None of the women disrobed.

The men bought the steel pole from Home Depot, bolted it to the concrete ceiling and attached the bottom to a plywood stage covered in red felt.

“Honestly, we just wanted to say we had a stripper pole,” Foster said. “We never actually expected girls to dance on it.”

When university officials ordered the men to remove the pole, they complied, but not before building a huge party around it.

Men $5, women free
Signs reading “Pole Dancers Wanted” were posted around campus, and the men bought large quantities of beer. Friends were enlisted to check identifications and manage security. They charged $5 for men; women were let in free.

The party ended shortly after the beer ran out.

John Daigle Jr., a school spokesman, said the party’s hosts may have violated the university’s alcohol policy and broken rules against indecent behavior and the making of unapproved changes to university property.

Daigle, citing school privacy rules, would not identify the students or the punishment they received, but said: “The university took this seriously and the punishment was appropriate.”

Punishments at the university can range from a reprimand to dismissal.

Foster said he was put on residential probation through Nov. 9 and had to write a letter of apology.

‘No public nudity’
Daigle said he later learned the woman who won the dance contest was also disciplined, but would not say what her punishment was. “There was no public nudity involved here,” he said.

Residential adviser Amber Davis said the party degraded women.

“There are other ways they can go out and get a girlfriend if that’s what they want,” she said.

The men have taken down the pole and converted the stage to a pingpong table.

foxnewssucks

Re: Students rapped for stripper pole in dorm
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 12:40:48 AM »
what did they do wrong?

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 12:45:47 AM »
Drinking on campus, modifiying school the dorms, in violation of school code, etc.  Basically, they're screwed, cause it seems like the are searching through the conduct codes to find charges against them. 
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 12:46:28 AM »
Drinking on campus, modifiying school the dorms, in violation of school code, etc.  Basically, they're screwed, cause it seems like the are searching through the conduct codes to find charges against them. 

damn, college just isn't the same anymore.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 02:09:45 AM »
I don't think that type of punishment would ever happen here.  Every once in a while, cages are constructed for dance parties.  Those are fun  :)

DOWNY

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 02:25:15 AM »
These guys are pretty cool in DOWNY's book. However, I must question their judgment in not thinking any girls would dance on it, and that they were clothed when they did. That's a bunch of *&^%.

SNUGGLE

• Sr. Citizen
  • Get some, get some!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 12:00:19 PM »
These guys are pretty cool in DOWNY's book. However, I must question their judgment in not thinking any girls would dance on it, and that they were clothed when they did. That's a bunch of *&^%.

SNUGGLE guesses they would be auto-admits with full scholarships at the DOWNY school of law.  So it is written, so shall it be.
You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 12:07:55 PM »
DOWNY school of law would be like Cooley with AA for drug-abusers.

ZAP

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 12:08:44 PM »
what did they do wrong?

they didn't notify 'Girls Gone Wild' beforehand.

Annie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do a little dance
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RiotGirl84
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 03:50:52 PM »
I find this hilarious.

I loved the dorm days.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,