Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS 1L taking questions  (Read 2052 times)

Electric Counterpoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HLS 1L taking questions
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 02:39:55 PM »
Not to go ahead of myself, but I am still curious. Which cell phone carrier has the best reception in and around the law school?

Is AT&T really bad?

I don't know, as I use Verizon (which I'm pretty happy with). My neighbor has an iPhone, so I assume he uses ATT, and I've never heard him complain about it.
Former mostly-anonymous admissions cycle blogger. Current law student.

Cabra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 02:46:11 PM »
Not to go ahead of myself, but I am still curious. Which cell phone carrier has the best reception in and around the law school?

Is AT&T really bad?

I don't know, as I use Verizon (which I'm pretty happy with). My neighbor has an iPhone, so I assume he uses ATT, and I've never heard him complain about it.

I tried to use T-mobile around Cambridge and it really sucked. :(
CLS 2011

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 11:00:26 PM »
Which section?

...Why do you ask?

eta: my boyfriend had to cancel his at&t and got verizon. We still have extremely bad reception in our apartment, but he had zero at&t reception on our entire block.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

The Gabriel Gray Fan Club

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
Quote from: turtle link
Is AT&T really bad?

I have Cingular/AT&T and it seems to work everywhere except the dorm. On the balcony, in classrooms, walking through campus and roaming around Cambridge all get great reception, but I usually have to leave my room to carry on a conversation for more than a few minutes unless I get lucky.

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ViolaLovesMusic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 07:13:23 PM »
Quote from: turtle link
Is AT&T really bad?

I have Cingular/AT&T and it seems to work everywhere except the dorm. On the balcony, in classrooms, walking through campus and roaming around Cambridge all get great reception, but I usually have to leave my room to carry on a conversation for more than a few minutes unless I get lucky.

I'm on AT&T, and I cannot have conversations from my room (though I can receive and occasionally send text messages).  Elsewhere, it works okay, but reception seems unreliable throughout the neighborhood.
Harvard 2010