Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Filling in bubbles after time is up.  (Read 1561 times)

TheDecline

Re: Filling in bubbles after time is up.
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 10:27:25 PM »
I'm not concerned with when the proctor calls time. Just want to know if I should try it if I have blanks when time is called regardless of whether time was called early or not.

I vote no, but I'm clearly outnumbered.  If anything definitely do it the next section, such as Franz stated. 

Aren't the kids in my score range supposed to be debating this, not you 175ers.

nacien

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2004, 10:35:41 PM »

Flexible ethical standards could mean the difference between a 175 and a 170.

Silversoma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me at Radiohead- Thunderbird Stadium, August/03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2004, 10:39:18 PM »
I try to not get caught with blank answers, but hey, once in a while, I @#!* up on a practice test and forget to bubble in my guesses 2-3 minutes early, then run out of time before I get to them.

If this happened on the real test, I would do it... I didn't think a course on ethics was prerequisite to taking the LSAT.
Practice LSATs so far: 156 155 157 155 157 161 162 161 155 155 160 164 166 161 170 166 168 160 163 162 172

LSAT's finished... I don't have to think about law school for a year now.
********* GO Team Canada GO!!!!! ***********

superiorlobe

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2004, 10:41:27 PM »

I have never broken 172.  Am likely to score 170.

magicmatttt

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - magicmatttt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2004, 02:41:41 AM »
My situation:  Back in June I skipped one question and planned to come back to it at the end.  Well, somehow my timer got a bit off, and the proctor calls time right before I get to go back to that question.  I wanted soooooo bad to just fill it in, but I just couldn't do it.  Call me a female private part or whatever.  Turns out the answer was C, which I would have guessed, and it kept me from a 164.  The moral of this story is that you shouldn't have any morals because you'll just get screwed in the end.  Just kidding, I'm glad I didn't do it, I feel better about myself and it is possible that I could have been caught.  I'd say it's not worth it, especially for you guys already scoring in the 99th percentile.

Whatever, *&^% happens.

The important thing to take from this little story is that most proctors are @#!*-ups, so plan on giving yourself 30 seconds less than normal.  HTH.

How the hell could you get caught? 

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2004, 03:16:05 AM »
My situation:  Back in June I skipped one question and planned to come back to it at the end.  Well, somehow my timer got a bit off, and the proctor calls time right before I get to go back to that question.  I wanted soooooo bad to just fill it in, but I just couldn't do it.  Call me a female private part or whatever.  Turns out the answer was C, which I would have guessed, and it kept me from a 164.  The moral of this story is that you shouldn't have any morals because you'll just get screwed in the end.  Just kidding, I'm glad I didn't do it, I feel better about myself and it is possible that I could have been caught.  I'd say it's not worth it, especially for you guys already scoring in the 99th percentile.

Whatever, *&^% happens.

The important thing to take from this little story is that most proctors are @#!*-ups, so plan on giving yourself 30 seconds less than normal.  HTH.

How the hell could you get caught? 

You'd have to be extremely unlikely.  Like, the proctor was standing right beside you while you were bubbling and was looking at your answer sheet.  You can't always see where the proctors are; I remember in my test that one would be in the back of the room while another was in the front of the room, and they covered half each.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2004, 03:23:46 AM »
My proctors stayed in the front part of the room and were rather inept.  I was glad to get that over with.

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2004, 03:24:25 AM »
I'll do it if necessary.

No way I'm skipping a question. 

Matt

midlife catharsis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2004, 03:28:25 AM »
Watch our for older proctors who consider test moderating a serious career as they may be seeking a bust opportunity.

If the proctors are a group of 20 somethings, chances are they don't care about small stuff.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2004, 12:02:57 PM »
I peg the chances at getting caught at about 0.01%.  I mean, it is just so unlikely.  Should you do it?  If the proc calls time early, then hell yes.  Otherwise, I don't think so.  It was your own fault.
No longer here.