Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Virginia schools that are not UVA  (Read 665 times)

necro8617

• View Profile
    • Email
Virginia schools that are not UVA
« on: October 23, 2007, 02:49:16 PM »
Anybody know about them? Specifically Geroge Mason, Wash and Lee, (I think I am forgetting a third). They seem to match up with my numbers fairly well (3.69/163) so I am thinking of applying to them. If anyone can speak to quality of life, location, and especially post grad placement I would be greatful.

KidA23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Virginia schools that are not UVA
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 02:54:04 PM »
I'd include William and Mary as well (that's probably the one you're forgetting, I'm guessing).

One of my roommates just graduated from GMU, and passed the bar. He's not working (and hasn't since graduation), so I'm not sure about his placement but I can certainly ask.

I do know that GMU and W&M are VERY affordable as an in-state resident; I believe GMU is something like 12.5k a year and W&M 15k or something like that. W&M is a bit tougher to get into than GMU from what I understand. There is at least one thread on here starting by a current W&M student that you might want to try and dig up; from what I recall, most of the other posters had serious questions about W&M's job placement in bigger markets. The general consensus seems to be that W&M doesn't place all that way in the big cities despite its high overall ranking. For what it's worth, I think you'd definitely get into GMU with those #s.

Unfortunately I don't know much about Washington and Lee...

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Virginia schools that are not UVA
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 10:45:22 PM »
Anybody know about them? Specifically Geroge Mason, Wash and Lee, (I think I am forgetting a third). They seem to match up with my numbers fairly well (3.69/163) so I am thinking of applying to them. If anyone can speak to quality of life, location, and especially post grad placement I would be greatful.

You need to be a little bit more specific about what you want to know.  You would probably get into W&M with your numbers, though I can't say for sure.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School