Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?  (Read 319293 times)

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?
« Reply #2620 on: September 01, 2009, 07:16:49 PM »
C'mon, I know there are other 1L's who check this thread. I saw one of you doing it in Contracts yesterday.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred

Waving Variable

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2621 on: December 20, 2009, 02:35:16 PM »
Congrats, 1L's on finishing your first semester.  It's good to get that one in the books.

Congrats to my 2L buddies for being halfway done with law school!

WaveLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: December 30, 2009, 12:40:46 PM »
Congrats, 1L's on finishing your first semester.  It's good to get that one in the books.

Yes, congrats indeed. And for we 3Ls, how the hell do we still show up?  I have not been this unmotivated since the womb.  I just want to sit in a dark, warm room and wait until someone tells me it is time to leave.

Also, any 1Ls that have Townsend-Gard for Property should send me a message. I may be able to make your semester a lot less painful.

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: December 30, 2009, 02:51:35 PM »

Yes, congrats indeed. And for we 3Ls, how the hell do we still show up?  I have not been this unmotivated since the womb.  I just want to sit in a dark, warm room and wait until someone tells me it is time to leave.

Also, any 1Ls that have Townsend-Gard for Property should send me a message. I may be able to make your semester a lot less painful.

I am not at Tulane, but showing up to class as a 3L is definitely a struggle!  ;D

Waving Variable

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2624 on: January 07, 2010, 12:15:04 AM »
the bot is back!

NOLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #2625 on: January 07, 2010, 02:04:45 PM »
Hi!

I'm thinking about replacing one of my classes for this semester.  I'm looking for a 2L teacher who either has some system for calling on people or just doesnt call on random people...just someone who causes the least amount of stress during class as I already have a couple teachers who do the random calling and it freaks me out enough already dudes.

How are couch and sherman with 2L students?  And who are other teachers who don't use the random calling on people style of socratic?

Thanks! I love you!

Waving Variable

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2626 on: January 10, 2010, 01:54:12 AM »
Couch and Sherman both do random calling.  They're not mean about it and they'll let you wriggle off the hook if you need to. 

Dombalagian is one professor who just goes down the row.  So is Vernon Palmer.

Anthony09

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2627 on: March 10, 2010, 12:44:04 AM »
I'm hoping a current Tulane student can help me.  I got accepted to Tulane and plan to pursue a public-interest career.  I don't plan to stay in new orleans after I graduate, but I hope to gain experience in the local community (i.e. orleans public defender's office) while I am a student.  Based on Tulane's reputation, what are my job prospects in attaining a job at a public defender's office or other public interest org. outside of Louisiana, in for example Seattle?  Also, since Louisiana practices Civil Law, will my skills be transferrable or will it lower my chances in securing employment in a different state (common law)?  

I know Tulane has good national reputation across the states, but does this only apply for BigLaw/private firms?  Does this reputation carry over for those pursuing public-interest careers?  

A lot of questions, but it will help me in making my decision on where to attend.  Thanks for the help!

Side note:  I'm choosing between tulane, maryland, and northeastern.  The latter two are  strong in public interest, but I believe they are more regional. 

KDickey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2628 on: March 24, 2010, 06:40:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure I'll be headed to Tulane in August. Anyone have any input on graduate housing options?
I'm excited, but also pretty well freaked out by the idea of law school.

Waving Variable

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2629 on: April 01, 2010, 02:51:21 AM »
As you should be!