Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?  (Read 313060 times)

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?
« Reply #2600 on: July 23, 2009, 11:19:49 AM »
Just how hard is it for Tulane Law students to find a job right now?

We are in the same boat as everyone else - so it's pretty tough to find a job right now.  The NOLA market is a bit of a godsend as it isn't struggling as much as other markets, but unfortunately, it's a small market.

That said, there are jobs out there and no student should use the economy to excuse them from trying their damnedest when searching for a job.

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2601 on: July 23, 2009, 10:22:19 PM »

We are in the same boat as everyone else - so it's pretty tough to find a job right now.  The NOLA market is a bit of a godsend as it isn't struggling as much as other markets, but unfortunately, it's a small market.

That said, there are jobs out there and no student should use the economy to excuse them from trying their damnedest when searching for a job.

I agree with BotBot here. I am already spending 4-5 hours a day on this and feeling a bit hopeless. People need to get on it!
Tulane Class of 2011

WaveLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: July 24, 2009, 04:52:32 PM »

I agree with BotBot here. I am already spending 4-5 hours a day on this and feeling a bit hopeless. People need to get on it!

I agree with both. Woe is me resignation isn't doing anything. Adjust your sights and get on it. I networked like crazy and it payed off.  Sometimes it is non-law or back door leads that will give you the most mileage. If anyone is willing to show you some goodwill, go with it.

dempsey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2603 on: July 28, 2009, 10:35:23 PM »
So I want to purchase a macbook pro, but I am concerned because Tulane "strongly" advises selecting a PC. Is this really an issue? Much more comfortable with macs.

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: July 29, 2009, 12:23:46 AM »
at my school, we are only allowed to use paper, rocks and scissors.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: July 29, 2009, 10:02:41 AM »
So I want to purchase a macbook pro, but I am concerned because Tulane "strongly" advises selecting a PC. Is this really an issue? Much more comfortable with macs.

I didn't hear about any problems with the mac software...

I still think a business class pc laptop > mac for lawschool/work, but you probably won't have any issues.

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2606 on: July 29, 2009, 11:09:21 AM »

There are no problems using Macs at Tulane. The wireless printing software works with Macs as does the ExamSoft testing software.  The only thing that sucks about Mac test taking is that the software for Mac is really ghetto and the printing turns out super small and is a bit hard to read when frantically exam writing, but its really not that big a deal if you take a couple practice tests so you know what to expect.

I am not sure where Tulane highly suggests using a PC, because both are totally operable here.  I will say; however, that if you have a PC the IT guys in the Library are more likely to be able to fix any software problems, etc. you might have. But other than that, they're totally equal. There are a large # of students who use Macs.
Tulane Class of 2011

dempsey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2607 on: July 31, 2009, 09:36:37 PM »
alright, going with the macbook pro then. thanks for the info.

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2608 on: August 02, 2009, 03:29:43 PM »
alright, going with the macbook pro then. thanks for the info.

Good choice, you'll love it.  Now that there is an apple store out in Metairie too, repairs are much easier to handle. They're very friendly.
Tulane Class of 2011

lawboy81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: August 14, 2009, 01:30:57 AM »
are there classes on friday?