Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?  (Read 318506 times)

STLGirlAtHeart

• View Profile
Re: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?
« Reply #2510 on: April 20, 2009, 06:54:41 PM »
P.S. When did this thread get so hostile? I liked coming here because it was Tulane folks giving other (sometimes potential) Tulane folks advice and venting about how much law school sucks. I'd really like all the unpleasantness to stop. This was a happy place not too long ago. I'm not criticizing anyone for voicing their opinion, but can we please just keep this thread positive? 

Sorry.  I am at least partially responsible.  I'll try to compensate by saying something positive.

That puppy in LawDog's avatar is really, really cute.  :)

Yes, the puppy IS cute. Yay for positivity.

Good luck on your finals, STLGurrrlll.  Even the one we have together.  ;D

Thanks. You too!

dempsey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2511 on: April 20, 2009, 09:23:40 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone knows anything regarding the search for a new dean?

Leverandon

• AOL Instant Messenger - NadoSteve
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2512 on: April 21, 2009, 12:11:27 AM »
They  said that they're down to two finalists at last weekend's ASD.

Waving Variable

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2513 on: April 21, 2009, 02:10:24 AM »
I'll miss LP.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: April 21, 2009, 02:51:07 AM »
P.S. When did this thread get so hostile? I liked coming here because it was Tulane folks giving other (sometimes potential) Tulane folks advice and venting about how much law school sucks. I'd really like all the unpleasantness to stop. This was a happy place not too long ago. I'm not criticizing anyone for voicing their opinion, but can we please just keep this thread positive? 

Hey you guys, remember that I started out saying how great Tulane was...and how underrated...and how I felt it would be much more respected for the truly great school it was if it were in a different location. SOMEONE, some flame named bl825, who stalks people, JUMPED ON ME, the way people pretty much jump on me when I try to tell someone they have a shot at a top school, despite the naysayers.

I have been about nothing BUT positivity, that's been the problem. Some people just want to fight me. You have read the comments below that I am "consistently wrong" about what I say. Like I said, I am far from wrong, and I didn't start the fighting here, nor did I on the thread on which the Chris Brown discussion came up. Don't believe me? Look at the record.

Back to Tulane...I am positive that it is a fantastic school with a top-notch faculty. In a way, I wish I were going to spend my three years there. I thought I was headed for Northwestern until I got my status checker and e-mail from Columbia today. I did apply to Tulane as a safety, got in with $$$. 

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: April 21, 2009, 02:53:30 AM »

Sorry.  I am at least partially responsible.  I'll try to compensate by saying something positive.

Thanks for the compliment, but you're completely responsible...I did not start the fight, YOU DID. I came here to be a positive part of a community, and I have as much to offer here as anyone else (and more than many), but I am not treated like it. Much of what I say is dismissed out-of-hand, by folks who clearly have NOT done their research...I mean true, in-depth research. I feel some of it racial prejudice. But what kills me is that I say things that many experts have backed up, and people still fight with me.

I'll let that be the end of it...for now. Congrats and good luck to you all!  :)

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: April 21, 2009, 06:41:10 AM »

Thanks for the compliment, but you're completely responsible...I did not start the fight, YOU DID. I came here to be a positive part of a community, and I have as much to offer here as anyone else (and more than many), but I am not treated like it. Much of what I say is dismissed out-of-hand, by folks who clearly have NOT done their research...I mean true, in-depth research. I feel some of it racial prejudice. But what kills me is that I say things that many experts have backed up, and people still fight with me.

I'll let that be the end of it...for now. Congrats and good luck to you all!  :)

LOL.  Sure, I'm completely responsible.

Cute puppy!  :)
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

STLGirlAtHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: April 21, 2009, 12:10:26 PM »
I'll miss LP.

Me too. He was always entertaining.

bigcheetah

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2518 on: April 21, 2009, 09:14:50 PM »
Hey guys, I have a question about Tulane. How accessible are the professors? Are they typically open to providing extra help for students that show initiative? Interacting with professors during office hours was an integral part of my academic success in undergrad, and I would like to continue this during law school.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: April 21, 2009, 10:02:15 PM »
Hey guys, I have a question about Tulane. How accessible are the professors? Are they typically open to providing extra help for students that show initiative? Interacting with professors during office hours was an integral part of my academic success in undergrad, and I would like to continue this during law school.

Yes, but this isn't unique to Tulane really.