Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?  (Read 318524 times)

talisker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?
« Reply #2500 on: April 17, 2009, 05:34:49 PM »
Even sadder is that you and others like you actually believe your own bull. You never have an original thought of your own b/c you CAN't THINK! You simple regourgitate what you have heard other STUDENTS say. And you have no understanding of the "big picture" of law. I have told you before, lawyers are BORN, not made. Not only have I possessed the natural talent all of my life, I have won real cases.

Not a single traffic ticket - out of about 25 - has ever stuck, and I managed to get an assault charge "expunged", when no similar case had ever been ordered so. I recently had two high-ranking corporate officials terminated by bringing heat on them through a housing discrimination charge with the local office of civil rights. I was granted every grade change I sought during undergrad. I always WIN. I'm not even a lawyer, yet, but I have a track record for arguing winning cases. I won moot court at my summer program at Georgetown, which earned me a scholarship. I have been mentored by some of the best in their fields. I am a top graduate from my university. And, unlike you, I have actually taken real law courses. I speak from experience and solid knowledge; I do not talk out of my ass, unlike you.

My sentiments come from EXPERTS who know more than either of us. Like I said, i am a Susan Estrich deciple. If you want to debate ME, you are ultimately debating her, along with Richard Montauk, Brian Lieter and a host of other folks who have forgotten more about law than YOU will ever know.

Thank you for confirming that this is an elaborate joke.  That has to be one of the funnier tirades I've read on the internet in a while and I apologize for ever assuming that your posts were serious.  Carry on.

TwoLanes

• View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: April 19, 2009, 08:07:56 AM »
Anyone go to the Admitted Student Day this weekend? What'd ya think?

Waving Variable

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2502 on: April 19, 2009, 05:44:13 PM »
Any of you wise 2L's and 3L's know anything about Dickerson?

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2503 on: April 20, 2009, 12:56:41 AM »
Speaking of class scheduling, is there a general strategy for picking classes that anyone would like to share? I debating whether I should try and get a lot of the pre-req classes out of the way at the expense of hating myself, or if I should try and take some "fun" classes that I might enjoy.

Also, what's the deal with the mini-courses? Worthwhile? Waste of time?
Tulane c/o 2011

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: April 20, 2009, 03:40:38 AM »
The truth is, you are completely intrigued and overwhelmed by my intellect. 

But it does not bode well for you.

Indeed, I suck. I should fight my own battles and let others fight theirs, instead of ganging up like a flaming wuss.

But this bodes well for Tulane...and bolsters my point. Ever heard of "Outdegrees?"

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/college-rankings-blog/2009/3/26/a-new-ranking-of-law-schools-effects-on-other-law-schools.html

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1352656

Note the position of Tulane (#25). Now, remember my remarks about the insides of the law school packages. The USN and the outdegree rankings correlate by about 82%. Tulane (along with Howard, Syracuse, Wayne State, Wisconsin, and Florida) was one of USNWR's biggest misses.

My posts are FAR from wrong...they are far from the consensus, which pleases me to no end, b/c most of you people will make lousy attorneys. Like I said, you don't know how to "think", you just let others tell you WHAT to think, and anything that deviates from that you label as being wrong. And I have been consistently correct. You won't know just how correct until you go to law school.

I have told you what a law prof is going to ask you on an exam. Revisit the example: Chris Brown and Rihanna. A law prof's exam WILL...ask you to attempt to DEFEND Chris Brown, if he really wants to test you. Defending Rihanna or attacking Chris Brown is easy, defending Chris Brown is not, which is exactly why a fact-pattern may/will ask you to do it.

WHAT IS "CONSISTENTLY WRONG" about that? You people are 0L's and don't even have the good sense to listen to a 1/2L. I am not a full-fledged law student, but I have had more law school and life experience (and admissions experience) than YOU have.   

STLGirlAtHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: April 20, 2009, 05:42:16 PM »
Speaking of class scheduling, is there a general strategy for picking classes that anyone would like to share? I debating whether I should try and get a lot of the pre-req classes out of the way at the expense of hating myself, or if I should try and take some "fun" classes that I might enjoy.

Also, what's the deal with the mini-courses? Worthwhile? Waste of time?

My only strategy for scheduling classes is that I want my final semester to be as enjoyable as possible, so I'm saving what "easy" classes there are for that semester. I'm also saving my pass/fail option for that semester. But I pretty much try to take one class I think I'll enjoy each semester so I'm not completely and utterly miserable.

I took a mini course this semester and was iffy about it. I liked it and I liked my professor, but the exam was harder than I thought it was going to be, and it sucked having an exam in March when I didn't really have the "exam mentality" thing going on. I guess in the end I'm pretty neutral about it. Maybe I'll have a stronger opinion either way when the grades come back.

STLGirlAtHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: April 20, 2009, 05:49:20 PM »
P.S. When did this thread get so hostile? I liked coming here because it was Tulane folks giving other (sometimes potential) Tulane folks advice and venting about how much law school sucks. I'd really like all the unpleasantness to stop. This was a happy place not too long ago. I'm not criticizing anyone for voicing their opinion, but can we please just keep this thread positive? 

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: April 20, 2009, 05:53:44 PM »
P.S. When did this thread get so hostile? I liked coming here because it was Tulane folks giving other (sometimes potential) Tulane folks advice and venting about how much law school sucks. I'd really like all the unpleasantness to stop. This was a happy place not too long ago. I'm not criticizing anyone for voicing their opinion, but can we please just keep this thread positive? 

Attack of the lawdog troll...

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: April 20, 2009, 05:54:20 PM »

Sorry.  I am at least partially responsible.  I'll try to compensate by saying something positive.

That puppy in LawDog's avatar is really, really cute.  :)
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

STLGirlAtHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: April 20, 2009, 06:03:07 PM »

Sorry.  I am at least partially responsible.  I'll try to compensate by saying something positive.

That puppy in LawDog's avatar is really, really cute.  :)

Yes, the puppy IS cute. Yay for positivity.