Law School Discussion

The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?

Re: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?
« Reply #2420 on: February 15, 2009, 09:22:05 PM »
I thought that I saw botbot's picture on the law review wall for "junior members"

am i mistaken?

botbot

• View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: February 15, 2009, 09:51:44 PM »
The SO is on law review.  I'm not on a journal.

« Reply #2422 on: March 03, 2009, 12:12:19 AM »
Motherfuck the appellate brief.

« Reply #2423 on: March 03, 2009, 05:02:56 PM »

« Reply #2424 on: March 12, 2009, 11:56:31 AM »
So does anyone here have a grasp of what opportunities are available for post-grads wanting to remain in NOLA?  What kind of jobs are out there?  Is Tulane preferenced?  What does it take to get NOLA BigLaw - top 10%?

botbot

• View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: March 12, 2009, 03:07:19 PM »
So does anyone here have a grasp of what opportunities are available for post-grads wanting to remain in NOLA?  What kind of jobs are out there?  Is Tulane preferenced?  What does it take to get NOLA BigLaw - top 10%?

More than a few Top 25-40% students have NOLA biglaw.  NOLA/Miss/Bama BIGLAW recruiting is pretty much the same as they were last year, as the firms aren't suffering like the big markets.

« Reply #2426 on: March 13, 2009, 07:51:56 AM »

More than a few Top 25-40% students have NOLA biglaw.  NOLA/Miss/Bama BIGLAW recruiting is pretty much the same as they were last year, as the firms aren't suffering like the big markets.

That sounds like good news!  I did read just yesterday that Louisiana was one of the only states in the union that actually saw unemployment rates drop quarter. 

What about the Texas markets? 

botbot

• View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: March 14, 2009, 09:23:16 AM »

That sounds like good news!  I did read just yesterday that Louisiana was one of the only states in the union that actually saw unemployment rates drop quarter. 

What about the Texas markets? 

Texas tightened up significantly.  Houston is still easier to pull than Dallas, but summer associate class sizes are way down.  Connections still go a long way.

« Reply #2428 on: March 16, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »
http://classschedule.tulane.edu/

Classes are up for Summer 2009 and Fall 2009.

So, which ones are easiest/have teachers that don't cold call?

botbot

• View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: March 16, 2009, 05:24:04 PM »
Wessman doesn't hard socratic his upper-level classes.  Dombalagian socratics 3-6 students each class, but you know when your turn is coming.  Eason socratics a few each class, but is pretty light on the dumb answers.  Hoeffel socratics, but favors the dumb answers. 

Townsend-Gard works through 25-40 students every class.  Big hassle. 

Avoid any class that is essay based without the writing credit.