Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?  (Read 316029 times)

Gitmo Jones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?
« Reply #1820 on: July 18, 2008, 10:44:21 PM »
Loyolas orientation is utterly ridiculous it starts on the 8th and ends the saturday before school starts, I might get put on suicide watch if I had to do that.

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1821 on: July 18, 2008, 10:47:21 PM »
Loyolas orientation is utterly ridiculous it starts on the 8th and ends the saturday before school starts, I might get put on suicide watch if I had to do that.

Yeah I'm gonna love ragging my roommates about that. I think I'll just start getting drunk during the daytime and rub it in their faces, just because I can. You in?
Tulane c/o 2011

Gitmo Jones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: July 19, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »

Yeah I'm gonna love ragging my roommates about that. I think I'll just start getting drunk during the daytime and rub it in their faces, just because I can. You in?

I am definately in until I get murdered.

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1823 on: July 19, 2008, 02:06:20 PM »

I am definately in until I get murdered.

Well then you should be fine for at least a few days!
Tulane c/o 2011

hbb

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: July 19, 2008, 10:32:10 PM »
Anyone have any thoughts on internet service providers in New Orleans? Wondering who I should go with, or if I even have a choice...

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1825 on: July 19, 2008, 11:11:29 PM »
Anyone have any thoughts on internet service providers in New Orleans? Wondering who I should go with, or if I even have a choice...

I am also very curious if anyone knows much about cable/cable internet service providers for the Uptown area.  I think usually there is not much choice (we only had one cable internet provider that contracted for the entire city where I am now and its ridiculously expensive too) so I'd love to know if there would be more options and which companies seem to work well! I tried Comcast for a couple addresses I was looking at renting and it said they didn't service those, so any help would be great.
Tulane Class of 2011

jcheste8

• Sr. Citizen
  • Getting excited about law school!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 20, 2008, 01:12:23 PM »
Went with Cox Cable. One of the roommates said it is the only one who covers the area. Took a week to get an appointment but now everything's set up and working fine. They give you a deal like the first three month for cable and internet at $80. Not a cable pro, but thought it was a good deal.

Oh, also tried out the theater near campus Prytania and it was horrible. It isn't deluxe, stadium seating, crazy high def sound, but for a place to be .25 miles from my house, I think I'll head over there for some entertainment every now and then.

Oh, and I am utterly amazed by being able to go to a grocery store and get every type of Abita there is. In Georgia, you can only get Turbodog, Amber, and Purple Haze. I saw a variety twelve pack last night with two of PH, TD, Amber, Restoration or Celebration, Seasonal, and Jockamo. I am beyond ecstatic about this.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: July 20, 2008, 01:25:38 PM »
Cox recently called me and asked why I hadn't paid my bill.

I asked why they didn't send me a bill.

They said they did send a bill.

I say I never got a bill.

They said, oh wait we never sent a bill.

I said I'll pay when I get a bill.

They say they are turning off the service.

I ask when my last payment was.

They say four weeks ago.

I ask if my bill is even late.

They say yes, by two days.

I ask them if they normally call and threaten to cut off service after two days.

They ask if I think cable is free.

I ask them to get me a supervisor.

Supervisor starts by saying - "You were using the service, why didn't you call when you didn't receive a bill.  Would you expect us to keep providing you with quality entertainment for free?"

Point of this story?  I still have Cox.  It would cost double to get dsl + satellite.  They are the only option.

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: July 20, 2008, 01:40:11 PM »
I disagree:

Cable - I got double the HD channels and double the regular channels that I did on Cox with DirecTV.
Cox: 70/mo
DirecTV: 40/mo (granted I got a good deal)

Internet -
ATT/Bellsouth: 768kbit dry-loop DSL for 20/mo
Cox: 6mbit for 50/mo

That comes out to 60/mo vs 120/mo for double the channels and slower internet (which is still plenty fast unless you're downloading gigabytes of music or are an avid internet gamer).

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: July 20, 2008, 03:17:28 PM »
(which is still plenty fast unless you're downloading gigabytes of music or are an avid internet gamer).

I am both and live with two similar users.

The internet is really the deal breaker - and Cox only charges me $40 for the 8mbit.