Law School Discussion

The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?

Re: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?
« Reply #1610 on: June 23, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »
Update from NOLA:

It looks like my roommates and I have narrowed it down to two places. This is great because it's close to the school, and even closer to the bars. Bruno's is literally a couple hundred yards away. This could be very bad. Although this means that you guys have a great place to pre-game whenever you want. My house is always open.

Thanks to my friend's parent's, I've gotten a gastronomical mini-tour of New Orleans. I've been eating a ton of creole/Southern food, and just got back from dinner at Bacco's (where I had my first Sazerac, very tasty).

I've also got a mini-tour of a ton of NOLA bars, both nice and not-so-nice: Bruno's, F&M's, Grits, The Hangar, Napoleon House, Pat O's, a couple dive bars in Metarie, and there will probably be a few more before we leave. It's great that I've been to so many bars this weekend, yet I haven't even scratched the surface of this town's bar scene. I also got to taste a couple kinds of Abita that I haven't had before: the Andy-Gator and the Resoration Pale Ale. Apparently now there is only one more regular beer of theirs that I haven't tried (the Jockamo IPA), and a few of the seasonals. I will catch 'em all, so to speak, before long.

See you guys soon. Can't wait to be up here permanently.

« Reply #1611 on: June 23, 2008, 08:50:07 PM »
That's right, get it out of the way now. You haven't found the Dungeon yet, have you?

Not yet, but if they serve liquor there, I can be sure that I will find it in the next three years.

vjm

• View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: June 23, 2008, 08:57:16 PM »
Quit! You're making my mouth water and everything is closed here.

NOLA- so delicious.

wtracing

• Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1613 on: June 24, 2008, 01:00:07 PM »
The Dungeon (have not been there, so rather the name) reminds me of this Goth bar I visited in Bologna Italy....it was really freaky with big chairs like vampires would sit in, etc.  Have some freaky pics from there but not sure where they went!
If its anything like that (and it does not sound like it is) that would be cool!

« Reply #1614 on: June 24, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »
I am moving to NOLA permanently this Friday.

n/a

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: June 24, 2008, 04:07:17 PM »
Im trying to sell my twin bed and TV stand/entertainment center if any of you kids coming in need furniture.  PM me if interested

wtracing

• Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1616 on: June 24, 2008, 08:40:42 PM »
Well sounds like I will have to check this out.  I am not going to frequent a place like that but if you feel like being different, its an alternative haha.

vjm

• View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: June 24, 2008, 08:48:13 PM »
Where is it? Must add to my list of watering holes.

wtracing

• Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1618 on: June 24, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »
Is this it? http://www.originaldungeon.com/ looks kinda like the one I went to but less vampireish overall haha.

« Reply #1619 on: June 25, 2008, 06:38:51 AM »
Halloween parties are my favorite time of the year, I know NOLA gets absolutely wild for it.