Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?  (Read 315965 times)

hurley325

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?
« Reply #1370 on: June 03, 2008, 02:15:17 AM »
So, I got a priority mail envelope today containing loan information. Needless to say, I am utterly frightened. I had some major cold feet for a few hours, but am now on bored. I feel like with the Federal LRAP I will be ok even with a lower paying job, but on the other hand, I don't really trust our government to keep the thing going, or even honor it in the first place....

I got that too...about an hour after I sent the financial aid office an email asking when it was coming.

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1371 on: June 03, 2008, 02:26:40 AM »
They didn't happen to make a mistake for ya and say you owe like, $0? I was really hoping for that one!
Tulane Class of 2011

STLGirlAtHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: June 03, 2008, 01:32:43 PM »
Hmm... I've got LRW (but that's been up for weeks) and Con Law.
Not to out you, or me, but aren't you in my Con Law with Werhan and Contracts II with Ponoroff?

It is interesting that some people got Contracts II up first and we got Con Law. I thought they really coordinated across the sections to release the grades at the same time. I am guessing they met and made any adjustments before this, so who knows why the scattered posting. 

I suspect the CII and Con Law will be up for everyone today. Property scares me. It can wait.

Well, you're not exactly outing me. I was in your K class (pretty obvious since I wear my Cardinals hat pretty much every Friday morning), but I had Addis for Con Law. I was wondering why some people have certain grades and others don't. One guy I talked to had everything but Property last night at 8.

I'm really not looking forward to Property. I would be fine if they just went ahead and lost that one.

Also, I really hate the "trickling" grades. Is it really so hard to wait to post them until they're sure about all of our classes? I feel like I'm on a freaking emotional roller coaster.

STLGirlAtHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: June 03, 2008, 01:35:51 PM »
I PM-ed someone about an apartment at Louisiana and St. Charles. The answer to that question is: NO NO NO NO NO. Awful area. Sorry if I spoke differently earlier, but I wasn't thinking clearly. Hope you get the message. Can't remember who it was.

Still hope that the "someone" has seen this and isn't renting the St.Ch-L. place on my previous recommendation. EEeeeep ...

Got it - Thanks for the update.  Sorry it took so long to respond. I've had limited internet access the last couple days.  Would you still say that St. Charles & Napoleon is OK?  I'm hoping to find a place this coming weekend.

Glad you got the message. Sorry I misled earlier, sorry I forgot who you were. I'm getting about five or eight of these messages every week. Happy to help, but I'm losing track of who asked about what.

In general, I'd say that St.-Charles-and-Napoleon is an OK-to-excellent neighborhood. A house there is 75% likely to be on a good block and to be a good place to live in terms of general "niceness" of the building, I'm guessing. Of course, you'd have to look in particular.

(By contrast, St.-Charles-and-Louisiana is a below-OK-to-miserable neighborhood. A house there is 90% likely to be on a bad block and about 50% likely to be a "nice" or "nasty" building, and I'd guess that the likelihoods are so poor there's no reason to really spend too much time seeking that diamond in the jungle, unless that kind of deal-hunting is your thang ... for any of a number of good reasons.)

I'd guess by your Nickname here at LSD that you're female, and small. Don't take risks in this city. What are your street-smarts like?

Oh, and sorry to step in, but the area around St. Charles and Napoleon is generally pretty nice. I live on Magazine between Napoleon and Jefferson and I absolutely love my neighborhood.

lilbit2299

• View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 03, 2008, 01:50:30 PM »
I PM-ed someone about an apartment at Louisiana and St. Charles. The answer to that question is: NO NO NO NO NO. Awful area. Sorry if I spoke differently earlier, but I wasn't thinking clearly. Hope you get the message. Can't remember who it was.

Still hope that the "someone" has seen this and isn't renting the St.Ch-L. place on my previous recommendation. EEeeeep ...

Got it - Thanks for the update.  Sorry it took so long to respond. I've had limited internet access the last couple days.  Would you still say that St. Charles & Napoleon is OK?  I'm hoping to find a place this coming weekend.

Glad you got the message. Sorry I misled earlier, sorry I forgot who you were. I'm getting about five or eight of these messages every week. Happy to help, but I'm losing track of who asked about what.

In general, I'd say that St.-Charles-and-Napoleon is an OK-to-excellent neighborhood. A house there is 75% likely to be on a good block and to be a good place to live in terms of general "niceness" of the building, I'm guessing. Of course, you'd have to look in particular.

(By contrast, St.-Charles-and-Louisiana is a below-OK-to-miserable neighborhood. A house there is 90% likely to be on a bad block and about 50% likely to be a "nice" or "nasty" building, and I'd guess that the likelihoods are so poor there's no reason to really spend too much time seeking that diamond in the jungle, unless that kind of deal-hunting is your thang ... for any of a number of good reasons.)

I'd guess by your Nickname here at LSD that you're female, and small. Don't take risks in this city. What are your street-smarts like?

Yes, I'm pretty petite and female.  Overall, I have pretty good streetsmarts and know to be careful at night and lock my doors, but I still don't want to risk it.  Luckily, though, I will have my 6'3", 250 lb (not fat) boyfriend living with me, so I'll probably be okay in an area that is not necessarily excellent.  Thanks for all your help! I really, really am hoping to find a good place this weekend.  For now, I guess I should probably start getting all this financial aid stuff Tulane just sent me sorted out...

Oh, and sorry to step in, but the area around St. Charles and Napoleon is generally pretty nice. I live on Magazine between Napoleon and Jefferson and I absolutely love my neighborhood.

Thanks - I'll be sure to look in your area too.

Hal Jordan

• View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: June 03, 2008, 01:52:58 PM »
oh man. this semester is not going as well as hoped so far. c'moooooon property.

STLGirlAtHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: June 03, 2008, 01:58:37 PM »

Thanks - I'll be sure to look in your area too.
[/quote]

Actually, (although I love the neighborhood, I'm moving out of my place this weekend (personal reasons- nothing is wrong with the apartment). Its a 2 bedroom, and I'm renting it for $1,000/month. My lease runs out at the end of June. If you're going to be in town this weekend, you can come by and look at it. It won't be cleaned yet, and with the move it may look a little messy, but its actually very nice and a really great place for a couple. PM me if you're interested.

STLGirlAtHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: June 03, 2008, 02:04:26 PM »
Hmm... I've got LRW (but that's been up for weeks) and Con Law.
Not to out you, or me, but aren't you in my Con Law with Werhan and Contracts II with Ponoroff?

It is interesting that some people got Contracts II up first and we got Con Law. I thought they really coordinated across the sections to release the grades at the same time. I am guessing they met and made any adjustments before this, so who knows why the scattered posting. 

I suspect the CII and Con Law will be up for everyone today. Property scares me. It can wait.

Well, you're not exactly outing me. I was in your K class (pretty obvious since I wear my Cardinals hat pretty much every Friday morning), but I had Addis for Con Law. I was wondering why some people have certain grades and others don't. One guy I talked to had everything but Property last night at 8.

I'm really not looking forward to Property. I would be fine if they just went ahead and lost that one.

Also, I really hate the "trickling" grades. Is it really so hard to wait to post them until they're sure about all of our classes? I feel like I'm on a freaking emotional roller coaster.

True. I hate the anxiety this creates. Property is looming for me. I can live with everything else so far, but Property is te real wild card. My prof was insane and the exam was not hard. Curve is going to be terrible. It was so open ended that there is no telling how she is going to grade the thing. Jeesh.

Yeah, I don't envy you. I can guess which prof you had, and man, I would be a wreck too. Seriously! "What is Property"?!?!?! WFT?

I didn't have that prof, but I just have a general uneasy feeling about my grade in that class.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 03, 2008, 03:26:20 PM »
Visiting professor?

Steve Jones

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 03, 2008, 03:36:40 PM »
All y'all who've finally figured out what a cesspool Nawlins is, and don't want to be trapped there for the next 3 years, are welcome to apply to a REAL law school.  Some scholarship money is still available.  We have many students from your state.

Jacksonville rules over cesspool Nawlins
We have many people from your state that attend our school!