Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?  (Read 319778 times)

Gitmo Jones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?
« Reply #1090 on: May 01, 2008, 03:03:31 PM »
Four hours, that is going to suck good luck and have multiple adult beverages ready to consume, I will drink a Keystone tonight in membrance of all Tulane soon to be 2ls

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1091 on: May 01, 2008, 04:22:35 PM »
Got a postcard in the mail today with a handwritten note from Dean Crixell. Well that is just plain nice.
Tulane c/o 2011

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1092 on: May 01, 2008, 07:18:30 PM »
Not to in any way undermine the awesomeness of Erin Crixell, as it is vast and peerless, but she's Asst. Dir of Admissions rather than a dean.

But I got one today too! Along with my SMU waitlist letter. Outgoing mail held my $200 deposit to UH. Torn, very torn.

Duly noted.
Tulane c/o 2011

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1093 on: May 01, 2008, 08:47:42 PM »
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be contrary.

No worries. I should probably learn this before I go to the damn school  ;D
Tulane c/o 2011

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 02, 2008, 03:13:29 PM »
Study hangover is rough.

ctempuser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1095 on: May 02, 2008, 04:48:36 PM »
Does anyone have an suggestions about finding a place to live besides calling to check out ads on craigslist? Has anyone had luck with an apartment locator service?

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 02, 2008, 05:06:10 PM »
Does anyone have an suggestions about finding a place to live besides calling to check out ads on craigslist? Has anyone had luck with an apartment locator service?

If you're willing to put up w/ them, Latter and Blum isn't bad from what I understand.

Once you actually get someone to talk with you, they have fantastic service.  The first part is seriously a challenge it seems.

The first time I called - I talked to someone and had wonderful service.  This apartment hunting season, I have had to call probably 6 times to get anyone to talk with me.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 02, 2008, 11:28:29 PM »
I am honestly dreading leaving NOLA for the summer.  I didn't realize how happy NOLA makes me until I thought about leaving.  /emo  :'(

ElMismoPandejo

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 03, 2008, 12:42:40 AM »
Botbot,

I have a question for you.  It seems like Tulane people do alright in Dallas and Houston, but I'm afraid I'll never have access to Texas markets because I have no Texas ties.  Do people fix this problem by doing an unpaid 1L summer in Texas, or do you have to have a more significant tie?

Texas has such great markets, I'm pissed I'm not from there.  But I can't get into UT and I don't want to go one of the Texas T2s, as I don't want to be confined to Texas.  Coming from Tulane or a similar school, I feel like I could get what a SMU/UH student could get, if only I could convince firms that I'm serious about Texas.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 03, 2008, 12:54:59 AM »
Botbot,

I have a question for you.  It seems like Tulane people do alright in Dallas and Houston, but I'm afraid I'll never have access to Texas markets because I have no Texas ties.  Do people fix this problem by doing an unpaid 1L summer in Texas, or do you have to have a more significant tie?

Texas has such great markets, I'm pissed I'm not from there.  But I can't get into UT and I don't want to go one of the Texas T2s, as I don't want to be confined to Texas.  Coming from Tulane or a similar school, I feel like I could get what a SMU/UH student could get, if only I could convince firms that I'm serious about Texas.

Houston is less concerned with ties than Dallas and a good 1L summer spent in either city would go a long way.

You will have opportunities to express your desire to live in Texas to the firms - you just have to make sure you take advantage of them.