Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?  (Read 319238 times)

Hal Jordan

• View Profile
Re: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?
« Reply #1000 on: April 17, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »
New Orleans is a shithole.  Move to the Midwest and you won't be dissappointed.

Word.  I just ate some super fresh shrimp gumbo and am headed out to a 25,000 person party ($1 beer, 75 degrees) tonight.  Why, god why(!?), am I not in Chicago?

whoa i need info on this party

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 17, 2008, 07:14:53 PM »
25,000 person parties are my personal hell. If only Nola had more ample parking and wider streets/bigger yards, we'd be golden.

NOLA has suburbs  ;)

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 17, 2008, 07:17:20 PM »
New Orleans is a shithole.  Move to the Midwest and you won't be dissappointed.

Word.  I just ate some super fresh shrimp gumbo and am headed out to a 25,000 person party ($1 beer, 75 degrees) tonight.  Why, god why(!?), am I not in Chicago?

whoa i need info on this party

FAN UP Hornets pep rally - radio seemed to think there would be more than 25k - but I went with it to be safe.

OldFart

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 17, 2008, 07:28:18 PM »
I mean the only two downsides I have with NOLA is crime and hurricanes.
Hurricanes are awesome!  But if you don't like them, you can always order a beer.

. . . Oh!  THOSE hurricanes.

Hurricanes are awesome!  Just stay away from windows and enjoy the show.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 17, 2008, 07:37:51 PM »
Also, if anyone wants some tickets to game one on Saturday - I have 2 upperends for $27.50 each.

/shameless

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1005 on: April 18, 2008, 03:52:48 AM »
One thing I have to fix before law school is my horrendous sleep pattern. Typically I stay up till 5am...wake up at 8am and go to work and go about my day. Then I go to sleep at 5am again. However, if I am able to wake up at noon, then I am tired all day and go to sleep at 11pm-midnight and wake up the next day at noon preferably, or 8am for work. If I wake up at noon, I repeat that cycle. If I wake up at 8am, I repeat the 5am-8am pattern. Then on Saturday/Sunday i sleep till 3pm, then go to bed at midnight Saturday, and typically pull an all nighter Sunday.

The pattern makes no sense. I must end it! Its driving me a bit mad on the inside :) On the other hand, I am doing quite well, while my roommate who sleeps a normal pattern is experiencing severe senioritis and bombing his courses (has a 3.7 overall, so not an idiot either!) he's been accepted to a T14 as well. hmm...so who's in the worse boat overall? Eh, thats all I could come up with tonight. Perhaps tomorrow's early am post will be more interesting.

Tulane Class of 2011

Waving Variable

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1006 on: April 18, 2008, 12:55:48 PM »
I responded in kind the first time, now I notice your low post count. I don't want to offend you if you are not, but I think you are flame. This sounds exactly like the JDunderground doom and gloom threads that constantly make their way to LSD (horrible job market, med school, etc.). If you're real, fine. If not, just stay out of the Tulane thread and spread your doom and gloom elsewhere.

I really don't understand why you had this response.  I really don't feel like my response was "flame-ish."

I'm real enough to have driven down to New Orleans last weekend for the ASW. . .

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1007 on: April 18, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »
I responded in kind the first time, now I notice your low post count. I don't want to offend you if you are not, but I think you are flame. This sounds exactly like the JDunderground doom and gloom threads that constantly make their way to LSD (horrible job market, med school, etc.). If you're real, fine. If not, just stay out of the Tulane thread and spread your doom and gloom elsewhere.

I really don't understand why you had this response.  I really don't feel like my response was "flame-ish."

I'm real enough to have driven down to New Orleans last weekend for the ASW. . .

I apologize for my response. If you hang around this board enough you see posts by the likes of "wiimote" and other monikers that constantly post stuff about how nobody can ever get a job, the market is saturated etc. Anyone who has done research into the legal field is aware of this when they go into this commitment and I was hoping that they were not going to target the Tulane thread with their crap next. So, its good you are concerned with your future opportunities, etc. you definitely have to research that. I was just trying to ensure you were not planning on spamming the Tulane thread :)

So once again, good luck with your search, i apologize for coming off a bit rough on you.
Tulane Class of 2011

prospectiveg0ld

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1008 on: April 18, 2008, 06:24:03 PM »
Hello everyone.  I'm going to be at Tulane next year and I just wanted to introduce myself.

I also wanted to say thanks to botbot for showing me around last week and letting me tag along with a group of his friends as they all went out drinking on a Wednesday night.

I have a question though, can anyone confirm botbot's being a lazy bum?  After watching him consume at least 12 beers and the most disgusting chili-cheese fries I have ever seen, he told me that he is a big time slacker.  At the same time though, he told me that his grades were decent and he has a paying 1L job.  He also seems know his stuff about this law school process.  It was truly a bizarre experience.  I guess  I was expecting someone quite different given this thread.

What I am trying to say, would going to Tulane based largely on his postings be a mistake?  Can I really put my faith in a guy who goes out on a weeknight with seemingly no care for school the next day?

botbot, I really do appreciate everything you do and don't take this the wrong way.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 18, 2008, 06:32:22 PM »
botbot, I really do appreciate everything you do and don't take this the wrong way.

I have incredibly divergent feelings about your post  ;)