Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?  (Read 317542 times)

kev199

• View Profile
Re: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?
« Reply #990 on: April 17, 2008, 03:34:23 PM »
I want to study law because I enjoy it.  I like to read over cases, decisions, and analyzing arguments.  I like writing up memos and briefs.  I enjoy the mechanics more than the philosophy, but I just like doing it.

The thing I can't stand is accounting and finance.  I hate dealing with balancing stuff, which might haunt me come loan time (which is why I have friends who are good at it).

I'm also terrible at nearly all sciences, but I love history.  Legal history is pretty awesome to study especially how it changes and evolves.

I can't imagine going to law school without a strong desire to study LAW.  If you are in it to make money, you can find much easier and quicker ways to do so.  I've seen enough finance majors score awesome jobs out of undergrad to know law school is an unnecessary investment if all I want to do is make money.

I still don't know where I'm going to law school.  Tulane or BU...or one of my many waitlists...
Showing that waitlisters have a chance!

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 17, 2008, 03:51:27 PM »
I like writing up memos and briefs.

Fer serious?  Wow, I'm jealous.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 17, 2008, 04:19:34 PM »
I like eating, drinking, and generally being lazy.

Unfortunately no one would pay me to do these things, so I'm going to be a lawyer.   ;)

lalaallalala63

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 17, 2008, 04:20:30 PM »
tulane took down their status checker  :'(

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #994 on: April 17, 2008, 04:44:50 PM »
There are other things I could do and be satisfied, I'd imagine.

I love working with and getting to talk with people, so careers that afford said option are appealing. 

I know myself enough, however, to know that I do want to live somewhat of a comfortable lifestyle.  Doesn't have to be extremely posh, but comfortable enough.

I've thought about going back to school and going to pharmacy school as an alternative.

I responded in kind the first time, now I notice your low post count. I don't want to offend you if you are not, but I think you are flame. This sounds exactly like the JDunderground doom and gloom threads that constantly make their way to LSD (horrible job market, med school, etc.). If you're real, fine. If not, just stay out of the Tulane thread and spread your doom and gloom elsewhere.

Tulane Class of 2011

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #995 on: April 17, 2008, 05:30:41 PM »
tulane took down their status checker :'(

Someone pointed that out earlier this week and we can't quite figure out why.
Why they took it down, that is, not why someone pointed it out.

I don't really see a great reason to remove it. For example, when I paid my 1st deposit it included that on there, so I was aware that they had indeed received it. It remained helpful even as an accepted candidate.
Tulane Class of 2011

hurley325

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 17, 2008, 05:44:54 PM »
tulane took down their status checker :'(

Someone pointed that out earlier this week and we can't quite figure out why.
Why they took it down, that is, not why someone pointed it out.

I don't really see a great reason to remove it. For example, when I paid my 1st deposit it included that on there, so I was aware that they had indeed received it. It remained helpful even as an accepted candidate.

I used it too because they would sometimes update when they sent you things, so I knew to expect things in the mail.  I'm sure if some of yall who are on the WL just email the school they will tell you what is up with it.

trizkutt

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 17, 2008, 06:33:30 PM »
New Orleans is a shithole.  Move to the Midwest and you won't be dissappointed.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 17, 2008, 06:59:44 PM »
New Orleans is a shithole.  Move to the Midwest and you won't be dissappointed.

Word.  I just ate some super fresh shrimp gumbo and am headed out to a 25,000 person party ($1 beer, 75 degrees) tonight.  Why, god why(!?), am I not in Chicago?

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #999 on: April 17, 2008, 07:09:52 PM »
Word to you botbot. I mean the only two downsides I have with NOLA is crime and hurricanes. However, the great food, drink, music, culture, language, and architecture make those two non-issues with me. Its kind of morbid/strange, but I get some pleasure in knowing that way of life could be destroyed any day when the city no longer exists, and I want to make sure I was a part of all of that now. I'm willing to take some risks to enjoy the lifestyle there, and i think thats cool.

Then again, I like Chicago too because of its criminal element. Makes the place more interesting. However, if Chicago was gone tomorrow I would not miss it. Glad you folks love NOLA so much. Mind is wandering now, too much free time.
Tulane Class of 2011