Law School Discussion

The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?

Re: The Tulane Thread on Tulane Greatness: Got Questions?
« Reply #2540 on: May 04, 2009, 09:49:02 PM »
botbot, do you know about what GPA a 1L would need to grade onto Law Review?

« Reply #2541 on: May 04, 2009, 10:04:07 PM »
IHU!! Why would you say that to us today of all days?  :'(

« Reply #2542 on: May 04, 2009, 10:41:33 PM »
Congratulations, 1Ls!

And you thought 1L year was hard..  Get ready...  :)

Mean.

« Reply #2543 on: May 05, 2009, 03:06:23 PM »
Not to say that the CDO is misleading.

It's just that any CDO is obligated to paint the numbers in the most favorable way possible.

You'll get an inside view from botbot.

I was more wondering how botbot would know those kind of employment percentages, I'm sure all career development offices present a very optimistic view of their students employment prospects.

botbot

• View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: May 05, 2009, 03:55:26 PM »

It's just that any CDO is obligated to paint the numbers in the most favorable way possible.

I was more wondering how botbot would know those kind of employment percentages, I'm sure all career development offices present a very optimistic view of their students employment prospects.

I'm interested in such things.  I would guess the CDO knows everything I know (and substantially more), but they aren't going to go out of their way to promulgate potentially negative information about the school.

I update the spread I posted, it assumes the entire class is seeking firm employment.

« Reply #2545 on: May 06, 2009, 01:17:14 PM »
botbot, what kind of a gpa would a 1L have to attain to get a grade-on spot on Law Review?

« Reply #2546 on: May 06, 2009, 02:32:32 PM »

I'm interested in such things.  I would guess the CDO knows everything I know (and substantially more), but they aren't going to go out of their way to promulgate potentially negative information about the school.

I update the spread I posted, it assumes the entire class is seeking firm employment.

Yah from reading your posts it really does seem like you do your best to give objective advice--I respect that. I was basically just wondering where you got your information from...you make some pretty specific claims about Tulane's placement, such as how well they do in Texas compared to SMU and whatnot (saying that Texas firms will go 5% deeper into the SMU class than Tulane's). Also, could you let me know where the spread sheet is I would really like to see it? Thanks

botbot

• View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: May 06, 2009, 04:18:46 PM »

Yah from reading your posts it really does seem like you do your best to give objective advice--I respect that. I was basically just wondering where you got your information from...you make some pretty specific claims about Tulane's placement, such as how well they do in Texas compared to SMU and whatnot (saying that Texas firms will go 5% deeper into the SMU class than Tulane's). Also, could you let me know where the spread sheet is I would really like to see it? Thanks

I'm not sure which spread sheet you are referencing.

Dallas biglaw still goes about 5% deeper into the SMU class than Tulane, although this year's filler class was pretty large.  Houston goes deeper into the Tulane class, though.

« Reply #2548 on: May 06, 2009, 05:15:43 PM »

Oh, I was talking about the "spread." What is that?

botbot

• View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: May 13, 2009, 08:08:20 AM »

Oh, I was talking about the "spread." What is that?

The salary figures I listed on the last page were spread across the class.