Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Non-trad. asking for input/guidance...  (Read 856 times)

shansfirst

• View Profile
Non-trad. asking for input/guidance...
« on: October 23, 2007, 01:35:40 PM »
Hi. all...I was so excited to find this non-trad board...I know there are tons of posts out there asking you all for advice..so I hate to put another one out there..but here I go...
Stats:
I'm 32 (w/kids 2y 6y & hubby)
UGPA: 3.088--major:Paralegal Studies grad: 5/1997 (very active in college and worked)
GGPA: 3.65--major:Political Studies grad: 5/2000  (also very active and worked)
oh yes, the horrific LSAT: 148 (9/07)

I have worked within the legal field since 1998...same place and have earned a great reputation as a dedicated worker (I have great LORs)...I was approached by upper management about whether or not I was interested in attending law school?? My answer: of course i'm interested...if i go, they will foot 80% of the bill...Yeah...

Problem: trying to get in...the only school in the area with part-time program is SLU...i'm worried that my LSAT/GPA combo can not make the cut...I'm trying to decide if I should retake the LSAT or if I should just forget about this crazy idea all together...
Any advice would be helpful...

lauralaw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Non-trad. asking for input/guidance...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 01:45:06 PM »
retake retake retake!! you have time to register for december!!!!

go the library or the book store and get the logical reasoning bible and logic games bible.
order the preptests from lsac.org (the most recent ones).

do them!  retake!! you can do better!!  i know you can!!!

i'm no expert, but if you look at the lsac info on schools, the very bottom of the USNWR 100 wants at least at 150 or 153.

your ugpa isn't bad, but your ggpa is better.  if you retake and get just a 155, that's still WAY better than being below 150.

if your job wants you to go, maybe they will pay part or all of your lsat retake fee or help you get study materials.

never hurts to ask!!!