Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My turn on the chopping board...175/3.88, no flame  (Read 1048 times)

BlueGreen

• Sr. Citizen
  • [insert vague quote here]
    • View Profile
My turn on the chopping board...175/3.88, no flame
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:50:21 AM »
...(details erased)

HLS class of 2011
LSN

annarborite

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: My turn on the chopping board...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:54:44 AM »
Well, your soft factors don't look THAT bad at all.  And, your numbers are excellent.  You will certainly get into somewhere in the top 10.  I'm not sure about Harvard or Yale.  Being an international student will probably help. 

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: My turn on the chopping board...175/3.88, no flame
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 11:16:03 AM »
Target:  HYS
Safety:  Not HYS

At least IMO (it should be noted that I know nothing about applying internationally).

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 11:24:46 AM »
You'll get in everywhere you apply!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, who knows, but you'll at least have a very good shot at anywhere you apply.
Tulane c/o 2011

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 11:14:49 AM »

Well, who knows, but you'll at least have a very good shot at anywhere you apply.

haha thanks, i sincerely hope you're right. i've been getting nervous bc i have a lot of numbers twins on lsn who were flat out declined at a few schools i want to apply to.

They look like YP?  I would think that only Yale or Stanford would possibly reject you (you're qualified, but their admissions are a bit of a guessing game).

Catwoman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 07:32:26 PM »

haha thanks, i sincerely hope you're right. i've been getting nervous bc i have a lot of numbers twins on lsn who were flat out declined at a few schools i want to apply to.

They look like YP?  I would think that only Yale or Stanford would possibly reject you (you're qualified, but their admissions are a bit of a guessing game).
you'd be surprised, HLS rejected a 178/3.6. he might be a hard-headed criminal, or he may be like me and have crap soft factors. :-[

Your 3.8 looks a lot better to HLS than his 3.6. Harvard was a sucker for high GPA's last cycle.
White Russian, no ice, no vodka... hold the Kahlua.

LetItRide

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 08:02:11 PM »
Apply to HYS / CCN / MVP if money is a factor.  You'll probably get a full ride somewhere.  You should probably also delete your first post when you send out apps.

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 08:05:38 PM »

you'd be surprised, HLS rejected a 178/3.6. he might be a hard-headed criminal, or he may be like me and have crap soft factors. :-[

Your 3.8 looks a lot better to HLS than his 3.6. Harvard was a sucker for high GPA's last cycle.

Though I would imagine Harvard doesn't have to play the rankings game like other schools, I'm sure they're still somewhat interested in their medians.  A 3.88/175 raises both medians, while a 178/3.6 split raises the LSAT and lowers the GPA.