Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PSA: law schooled is a sock puppet of lawschoolblogger.com  (Read 779 times)

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
PSA: law schooled is a sock puppet of lawschoolblogger.com
« on: October 22, 2007, 08:54:09 PM »
Here:
I just found a really funny new blog about law school.The guy who is writing the stuff is a hoot. You can find it at www.lawschoolblogger.com.

Here:
For some additional info on Depaul you may want to take a look at Rick Lax' blog at www.lawschoolblogger.com.  Rick has written a memoir on his first year of law school at Depaul, which will be published by St. Martin's Press next spring.

Here (note the tepid criticism designed to gain credibility):
Hey www.lawschoolblogger.com , why didn't you summer with your father's firm.  For that matter do you plan on getting a real legal job when you graduate or will you rely on the writing gig and expect to become the next Turrow?  Good luck!

The blog itself is pretty good, however I think some of the personal stuff isn't necessary on a law school related blog.  I'm interested in your law school experience, not in what you ate for lunch or where you took your date last night.

Here (defending lsb.com):
Julie/talk about seeking the approval of others-19,000 posts!/get a life-try accounting

Here (defending again):
Julie

Kidding aside how does someone take 54 days out of their life and spend/waste it here?

and here:
Hey CamelMan why don't you let us know where you have been published.  From what I can tell St. Martin's Press is a pretty good publishing house.

That's it. The entirety of his posting history. Apparently one identity to pimp the blog and book wasn't enough--a made-up sycophant also had a role to play.

This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: law schooled is a sock puppet of lawschoolblogger.com
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:20:06 AM »
yes, this very sad.

you fine american.

law schooled

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 08:40:51 AM »
Mr. Lee

I am not lawchoolblogger.com, but I am his proud father.  Instead of spending/wasting more than one month of his life on this site (actual time), he has written a book that is really good and will be published next year by a top publishing house.. The book is about his law school experiences so it makes sense that the readers of LSD might find his blog and book to be interesting and funny. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to read his posts on this site, his blog or the book when you see it at your local Borders Bookstore.

Proud Father

Shark Week

• Sr. Citizen
  • officially a Michigan troll now
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 08:55:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure that guy has several puppet accounts that he uses to hype up his own blog. It's kind of depressing, actually, if you think about it too long.

Mr. Lee

I am not lawchoolblogger.com, but I am his proud father.  Instead of spending/wasting more than one month of his life on this site (actual time), he has written a book that is really good and will be published next year by a top publishing house.. The book is about his law school experiences so it makes sense that the readers of LSD might find his blog and book to be interesting and funny. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to read his posts on this site, his blog or the book when you see it at your local Borders Bookstore.

Proud Father

Is it normal these days for fathers and sons to communicate by posing questions of one another across message boards while not acknowledging that they're family? Seems a little incredible.
Michigan '11

jimfoolery

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 09:05:41 AM »
I'm pretty sure that guy has several puppet accounts that he uses to hype up his own blog. It's kind of depressing, actually, if you think about it too long.

Mr. Lee

I am not lawchoolblogger.com, but I am his proud father.  Instead of spending/wasting more than one month of his life on this site (actual time), he has written a book that is really good and will be published next year by a top publishing house.. The book is about his law school experiences so it makes sense that the readers of LSD might find his blog and book to be interesting and funny. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to read his posts on this site, his blog or the book when you see it at your local Borders Bookstore.

Proud Father

Is it normal these days for fathers and sons to communicate by posing questions of one another across message boards while not acknowledging that they're family? Seems a little incredible.

Shut up, son.  You'll never amount to anything.

Love you!
Werewolf bar mitzvah, spooky, scary,
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 11:18:25 AM »
This thread just a got a lot more innarestin'.

I'd have to have a gun to my head to be in Borders to begin with*.

*Not true, but it's more fun this way.
This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash

law schooled

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 11:42:03 AM »
Mr. Lee

Come on and lighten up.  I am really his father, and I'm just trying to help out. If the book sells well, this will just be another way I can be assured that I will get him off my payroll.

Proud Father

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 11:30:42 AM »
yeah.  yo pappy.

casper13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh I just love her. dont you
    • View Profile