Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Game Plan until October 2nd  (Read 1250 times)

Silversoma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me at Radiohead- Thunderbird Stadium, August/03
    • View Profile
Re: Game Plan until October 2nd
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 08:00:18 PM »
LOL, I am a night person and a morning person.. a chronic insomniac!

But, over the years I've learned to control it pretty well.  If I can't sleep, blowing a fat doobie and then playing solitaire on my gameboy in the dark, or reading a book, usually works for me.  If you don't smoke dope (a very good sleep aid, BTW), then try a couple of shots of your favorite hard liquor.
Practice LSATs so far: 156 155 157 155 157 161 162 161 155 155 160 164 166 161 170 166 168 160 163 162 172

LSAT's finished... I don't have to think about law school for a year now.
********* GO Team Canada GO!!!!! ***********

foxnewssucks

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2004, 08:01:24 PM »
Yeah, I use it all the time because I am an extreme insomniac.  

here is an article with some studies on it  http://www.medicineau.net.au/clinical/complementary/complementary1.html

You can find a lot more info, just google it.  It really works and there is no side effects, other than feeling really refreshed in the morning.  You can pick up a bottle for like $5. Just go to your Target or grocery store.  Take two tabs and see how you feel in the morning.  I swear by the stuff.

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - katiemanley01@Hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2004, 08:02:10 PM »
Liquor hypes me up and makes me giggly before it makes me sleepy:)
Attending Duke

Silversoma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me at Radiohead- Thunderbird Stadium, August/03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2004, 08:05:43 PM »
And, if part of why you can't sleep is because you are worrying about stuff, try this trick:

Talk yourself through the "worst case scenario" of whatever it is that you are worrying about, and then convince yourself that it really isn't that bad.  For example, my worst-case scenario for the LSAT would be to score a 155 (the lowest score I have ever had, so it's reasonable to believe that I wouldn't score lower than that).  What would happen?  Well, I would apply to law school with that score, and because of my awesome GPA, and the work experience I plan to have before entering law school, and my strong writing skills and LOR's that I could get, I would probably still get into most schools that I am applying to.

AND... I'm still alive, my boyfriend would still love me, I still have two degrees, I'm still one of the smartest people I know, I am healthy, no limbs missing, my family is alive, I have place to live and food to eat, etc. etc.

See, the worst-case scenario isn't bad at all!  I can sleep!
Practice LSATs so far: 156 155 157 155 157 161 162 161 155 155 160 164 166 161 170 166 168 160 163 162 172

LSAT's finished... I don't have to think about law school for a year now.
********* GO Team Canada GO!!!!! ***********

midlife catharsis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2004, 02:42:44 AM »
For those with significant others, sex the day/night before the test can be effective stress reliever and sleep inducer.

Also, Melatonin is an excellent natural sleep aid with no adverse effects the next day.  It doesn't knock you out, but it helps make your sleep deep and restfull.

marymountfort

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2004, 03:47:39 AM »
Take a very long distance walk on Friday.

murkydreamer

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2004, 09:53:44 AM »
Well, here's mine:

I scored a 172 today, so now I have decided that I am not going to write any more full-length practice tests before Saturday.  I want to end my practicing on a high note, and I'm afraid if my last practice test is in the low 160's, it is totally going to psych me out.

So, every day I will write 1 or 2 timed sections, and focus particularly on games sections from recent tests, then take friday off completely (after I'm done my Anal. Chem. lab at 6pm Friday evening, that is).

What is everyone else's plan?

Games is by far my worst section so I plan on doing timed games section during my hour lunch break at work (except Friday).  I'm going to *attempt* to go to bed early, wake up at 6ish this week, and maybe do a games/LR section before I go to work.  I will probably do at least 1 maybe 2 full-length practice tests sometime before Friday.  I was fairly happy with how I had been scoring, but wasn't happy with my last practice score at all...so I need to end my practice tests on a high note.  Friday I am going to work and going out to dinner with some friends.  Maybe watch a bit of TV and go to bed early.  Oh yeah, and sometime before Friday I should probably look over the whole writing sample bit.. :)