Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Game Plan until October 2nd  (Read 1305 times)

Silversoma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me at Radiohead- Thunderbird Stadium, August/03
    • View Profile
Game Plan until October 2nd
« on: September 26, 2004, 07:19:17 PM »
Well, here's mine:

I scored a 172 today, so now I have decided that I am not going to write any more full-length practice tests before Saturday.  I want to end my practicing on a high note, and I'm afraid if my last practice test is in the low 160's, it is totally going to psych me out.

So, every day I will write 1 or 2 timed sections, and focus particularly on games sections from recent tests, then take friday off completely (after I'm done my Anal. Chem. lab at 6pm Friday evening, that is).

What is everyone else's plan?
Practice LSATs so far: 156 155 157 155 157 161 162 161 155 155 160 164 166 161 170 166 168 160 163 162 172

LSAT's finished... I don't have to think about law school for a year now.
********* GO Team Canada GO!!!!! ***********

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Game Plan until October 2nd
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 07:20:36 PM »
taking my last prep test on wed.  im really just going to be doing games sections besides that.  friday im not really going to do anything, maybe a game or two and a handful of lr questions.

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - katiemanley01@Hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 07:32:15 PM »
I haven't taken as many full length tests as I would like, and am still scoring 170 or 171 on most tests.  In an effort for some last minute score boosting and to get used to getting up early, I am going to get up every morning at 7:30 this week and take a full-length test before class.  I will go over the test in the evening and maybe do another section on reading comp (my weakness).  Friday night I am going out to dinner, watching a movie, and forcing myself to go to bed at 10:30 or 11:00.  Saturday morning I will do a few questions repeat questions from logical reasong and one game.   
Attending Duke

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »
i need more sleep than you, im going to bed at 9pm on friday and waking up at 6am saturday.  i need to be up for a few hours or else ill be too groggy for the test.  ive been getting up between 6-7 for the past week, but this week im going to be a little stricter and make sure im out of bed by 6.  my roommates think im nuts because ive been going to bed so early, but i am NOT a morning person at all, so i have to do it.

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 07:38:38 PM »
I envy you!  I am NOT a morning person either.  However, this is partially because I cannot fall asleep before about 2 a.m.  I would like to go to bed earlier than 11:00 on Friday night, but I'm worried I might not be able to.  I had to take a sleeping pill the other night to fall asleep by 1:00 and I'm gradually going to try to go to bed earlier this week and get up earlier....  Any suggestions from any one else with this problem?  I'd considered taking a sleeping pill on Friday night, but don't think I want to chance being groggy Sat. morning.
Attending Duke

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 07:41:12 PM »
i would definitely caution against taking a sleeping pill friday night.  since the test is only a week away i think you should switch your sleeping habits now.  just go to bed whenever you get tired tonight and make yourself get up at 7am, even if you didnt go to sleep until 3am.  youll be tired tomorrow but you should be able to fall asleep early and then youll be fine.  thats how i did it.

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 07:44:49 PM »
It's weird, it seems that no matter how tired I am, when I get into bed my mind wakes up.  It's a bad week for chaning my schedule.  I have a big test tomorrow and another exam on Thursday as well as a quiz and a two papers due.  I even talked to one of my teachers about taking my Thursday exam on Monday (before we met for class again on Tuesday) and she said no!  I am a late night studier, especially for tests.  I'm really going to try to go to bed early.  Perhaps you are right and I should just start waking up at 7:00 tomorrow regardless of what time I go to bed tonight....
Attending Duke

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 07:47:20 PM »
well you certainly dont want to be exhausted for the big test tomorrow.  if youve studied enough for it already, maybe you should take a sleeping pill tonight so you could get to sleep early and be up at 7 without being so tired.  or you could just force yourself to get up early on tuesday instead of tomorrow.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 07:49:51 PM »
you guys need to score some valerian root if you want stuff to help you go to sleep and without the side effects in the morning.

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 07:57:07 PM »
Really, I've never heard of that?  Franz, you know all about this stuff!  It really has no side effects?  And it really puts you to sleep?  Tell me more:)
Attending Duke