Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help with choosing school.......  (Read 1159 times)

domin_r_rican

• View Profile
Help with choosing school.......
« on: October 21, 2007, 04:36:50 PM »
Two things: First I want to stay in NY/NJ area.  Second, I took the lsat twice and went up 15 points (from a 130 jr yr in college) to a 145 on the sep lsat.  GPA 3.1, great PS, great recs, tons of volunteer and extra curriculars.  Also a URM (puerto rican)....

Where should I apply? Or better yet, where can i get in? Thanks everyone.

mc5284

• View Profile
Re: Help with choosing school.......
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 01:50:14 PM »
I am on the same train with you.  I took the LSAT once and received a 146.  My GPA is a 3.08 and I would LOVE to be in NY/NJ area.  I took two years after college and have been working at a corporate law firm in Silicon Valley, CA.  I have a great personal statement, letters of recommendation and worked during college.  I am dominican and gay.  I think that we have a chance at New York Law School which is really becoming my No. 1 school it has everything I would want.  I am also applying to CUNY, Pace, Hofstra and Syracuse.  Let me know what you think of our chances at those schools and any place that you are applying that I may want to consider.

domin_r_rican

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 07:49:01 PM »
Hey man I feel you.... im half dominican too by the way.  Im really hoping to get into New York Law School. I sent my app in and its completed as of last week.  Im actually applying to ALOT of schools all over the place.  I applied to all the NYC schools (except for columbia and NYU).  Im apply to some florida schools (Florida coastal, stetson, Florida international).  In the boston area (New Endland, Northeastern, suffolk).  DC area: (Howard, UDC, Catholic U.).

If you can afford it just apply, get ur apps in early and cross your fingers! Good Luck kid.

lp1283

• Sr. Citizen
  • Skateboard Scooter + Acid-wash Jeans, priceless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 06:10:15 PM »
Hey man I feel you.... im half dominican too by the way.  Im really hoping to get into New York Law School. I sent my app in and its completed as of last week.  Im actually applying to ALOT of schools all over the place.  I applied to all the NYC schools (except for columbia and NYU).  Im apply to some florida schools (Florida coastal, stetson, Florida international).  In the boston area (New Endland, Northeastern, suffolk).  DC area: (Howard, UDC, Catholic U.).

You should also apply to Western New England Law in Springfield, MA...they admit with lower LSAT/GPA.