Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Page Setup  (Read 1136 times)

Omey

• If it dont make dollaz, IT DONT MAKE SENSE!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Omeezy450
    • View Profile
Page Setup
« on: September 26, 2004, 05:26:12 PM »
Whattup gang, when it comes to personal statement I had a question about the page setup and everything.  As it stands, my p.s. is about 2 1/2 pages, but I'm adding a short paragraph for each school that I'm applying to talking about why I want to go there.  Im using 11 font, and 1" margins all the way around.  Only problem is that on some its leading to one sentence over 3 pages.  I could either 1. leave it and let it go over (as these applications have no limit for pages) or 2. Change the page setup to .9" around and it would be a few lines short of 3 pages.  I really want all my personal statements to stay under 3 pages.  Any ideas?

TheDecline

Re: Page Setup
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »
You honestly might want to try hacking something out of your PS.  A lot of schools have a max of two pages.  Even the ones that don't have a specific max, I'm sure they would prefer a concise statement.  That's just my two cents. 

If you don't go that route, I don't really see a difference between 1 inch margins and .9 inch margins.  I don't think they'll measure. ;)

M2

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 05:31:31 PM »
You could also try 1.5 spacing instead of double...depending on the font

TheDecline

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 05:34:58 PM »
You could also try 1.5 spacing instead of double...depending on the font

I kind of think that 11 pt font, slim margins, and 1.5 spacing has potential to get nasty.  What do you think?

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 07:26:43 PM »
for the schools that specify two pages max, i made my margins pretty small.  It still looked fine in my opinion.  I'm pretty sure that a lot of people will do this.