Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nervous! Are your LORs "received" yet?  (Read 2918 times)

papercranes

• Sr. Citizen
  • Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
Re: Nervous! Are your LORs "received" yet?
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 01:21:42 PM »
One of mine just appeared a minute ago, sent priority mail from Canada last monday. I can't check my proper email fom work, so I don't know if they've sent a notification yet.
university of southern california 2011

maryceleste

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 01:42:19 PM »
My recommenders told me when they sent it and it was processed into LSAC ~ 2-3 weeks later.
It does take a ridiculous amount of time.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 02:19:21 PM »
I called the LSAC this morning.  They said it is taking 7-10 days to process from the time they receive the letters right now.  That made me feel a touch better...I'm thinking they probably got the letter late in the week so it is still possible that mine is there and just not processed yet.  Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!! :'(

To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

Ding me I dare ya!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yatta!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 04:02:37 PM »
did you all use the generic LOR form on which the recommender has to fill out their name and address on their own or the one that you filled out using LSAC?

I was wondering if that would make a difference because mine still hasn't shown up on LSAC and my Professor sent it out on Oct 12th

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 04:05:02 PM »
Just one question... I can see both of my letters of recommendation under "Account Status"..does that mean they've been processed and everything is ready to go or does it mean they've just been received and still need to be processed?

And to CalGirl, you have some amazing numbers, congratulations, you'll get in somewhere great! Go bears!

ghil04

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 04:37:36 PM »
Yes!  GO BEARS!

QueenoftheCourt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 04:39:08 PM »
Just one question... I can see both of my letters of recommendation under "Account Status"..does that mean they've been processed and everything is ready to go or does it mean they've just been received and still need to be processed?

And to CalGirl, you have some amazing numbers, congratulations, you'll get in somewhere great! Go bears!

I called them and asked LSAC this - apparently if it shows up as received, it is also processed and ready to go in your LSAC reports.

Thanks for the congrats! Good luck to both you and Ghil04!

Harvard Law 2011!

(Formerly known as CalGirl86)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=calgal86

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 07:01:29 PM »
Thanks CalGirl for the information, it's much appreciated. I'll be keeping a look out for you and the other Cal people on this board.

joyce615

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 07:38:05 AM »
Both of my letters have been received and processed in exactly 7 days since being sent and they were sent middle of last week. Hope this gives a timeframe for the rest of you. I actually didn't expect it to be done so soon but I included the signed LSAC form so maybe that expedited the process.

I'm totally feeling the cal love on LSD. Go bears!

TurboBoy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 07:38:55 AM »
My second LoR arrived.  Mailed 19 Oct, received at LSDAS 23 Oct, e-mail to notify me, 26 Oct.
Support the arts, sleep with a musician.