Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nervous! Are your LORs "received" yet?  (Read 2955 times)

QueenoftheCourt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Nervous! Are your LORs "received" yet?
« on: October 21, 2007, 12:23:06 AM »
My professor mailed his LOR on October 13. LSAC still doesn't show it as being received whereas my other letter in September was received and processed within a matter of days. I'm freaking out because I know it takes another couple of weeks to process during peak periods.

How long did it take for your letters to show up as "received" on LSAC? My apps are ready to go w/ my September score, but obviously I can't go complete until it comes in.

Harvard Law 2011!

(Formerly known as CalGirl86)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=calgal86

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nervous! Are your LORs "received" yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 09:08:39 AM »
Letters will take longer to process now then they did earlier in the year due to the much higher volume. Don't worry about it. Your LOR will show up.

QueenoftheCourt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 04:30:38 PM »
Since I'm afraid it got lost in the mail, could I send send another copy via FedEx or will that cause problems? Apparently this is super speedy. This is the last piece of my apps that needs to be in before I go complete.

Any thoughts?
Harvard Law 2011!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 05:13:42 PM »
8 days is honestly nothing in terms of processing time. I would just wait as I highly doubt that it was lost in the mail.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 10:43:19 AM »
Whew.  I'm so glad you posted this because I'm in the same boat.  I haven't heard ANYTHING to let me know my letter was received by the LSAC.  It should have arrived last week and is also the last piece to my application package.

So if it makes you feel better I've had the same experience. I've heard nada, nothing, zip to let me know they received it.  I was planning on giving it another week or two before I panicked.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

QueenoftheCourt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »
 I checked LSAC- my letter is in. Dotlyn, if yours doesn't show up in the next two days, have your professor fax or fed-ex his letter in. Good luck!

Harvard Law 2011!

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 09:49:11 AM »
I checked LSAC- my letter is in. Dotlyn, if yours doesn't show up in the next two days, have your professor fax or fed-ex his letter in. Good luck!

I just checked and mine is still not.  Yikes. 

Thanks for the info.  I hope it's not been lost, this was the recommendor I was most worried about asking because he is very, very busy. 
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 01:07:50 PM »
I'm kind of in the same boat. Both of mine were sent in last week via regular US mail. Did anyone else send them in by regular mail? If so, how long did it take to get there??

Oh and CalGirl... did you go to berkeley??

How do you know if they have been received? Do they email you?

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 01:11:12 PM »
Oh, i just checked... One has been received!! haha.. I'm just freaking out b/c I've sent off all my apps and this is the last piece of the puzzle and I'm a borderline candidate.. i'm trying to get any advantage i can

QueenoftheCourt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 01:14:03 PM »
I'm kind of in the same boat. Both of mine were sent in last week via regular US mail. Did anyone else send them in by regular mail? If so, how long did it take to get there??

Oh and CalGirl... did you go to berkeley??

How do you know if they have been received? Do they email you?

Yup, I go to Berkeley (and its nice to see so many Bears on this board!). Hopefully law schools like our school :).

Anyway, you can tell when you're letter has been received by looking under LSAC's "Account Status" and then "Letters/Reports." It should say your professor's name and the date the letter was received.

FYI, I called LSAC yesterday and the operator said they were really backed up in terms of confirmation emails; my LOR showed up online before I got an email (an even at that, it said it was processed 10/18 and I only was able to see it on 10/22). 
Harvard Law 2011!