Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is the Lsat/gpa a good predictor of my chances...  (Read 946 times)

vtjas81

• View Profile
    • Email
Is the Lsat/gpa a good predictor of my chances...
« on: October 20, 2007, 10:21:55 PM »
if I was an engineering major in college and I have a masters in engineering?  I mean how much of a boost is it?  I'd like to get into BC but my lsat 163(retaking in dec) and my gpa 3.43 shows I don't have a very good chance.  BC lsat avg is 164 and 3.44 is their low range for gpa
Gpa: 3.44
Lsat: 165
applied: BC,BU,USC,UCLA,W&M,Fordham,Emory,GW, Hastings, Davis

gclemen1

Re: Is the Lsat/gpa a good predictor of my chances...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 11:50:06 PM »
I don't know specifically how much of a boost it is, but everyone on the admissions committees realizes how tough science and engineering degrees are to confer...it should give you quite a boost from what I have heard

Rigel Rising

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 02:44:43 AM »
No, it gives no boost at all. While schools recognize technical degrees are difficult, that is canceled out by the fact that a technical education does not prepare you well for all the reading and writing that takes place in law school.

ghil04

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 05:57:13 AM »
Should make absolutely no difference on your chances at admission.  From what I understand, beyond your LSAT/GPA, everyone has a blank slate unless they're a URM or grew up in disadvantaged circumstances.