Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NY law or hofstra on scholarship?  (Read 1550 times)

scolomon

Re: NY law or hofstra on scholarship?
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004, 04:32:07 PM »
they dont get a jump on jobs in the city? where do you get your data from, do you make it up? Hofstra has almost identical opportunities when it comes to big private firms, which i happen to be interested in.  Maybe ny law has a jump on small firms with average salaries around 36,000 a year but who needs a jump on that.

abc12345

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2004, 07:25:44 PM »
how about i have friends that attend hofstra and TELL me this...

average salaries for average students at ny law are 36 grand...upper students actually end up towards the 6 figure range (95 grand)

please...

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2004, 09:06:20 PM »
thats not interesting st johns is better than ny law by a lot
I am starting to think the majority of people on this board have no idea what they are talking about

i know sju is better. i was saying HE was interesting bc he got more for sju than ny law, when in turn, it should be the opposite.

i got 20k to hofstra, def. wouldnt take it only bc its in LI and they do not get a jump on jobs in the city, location is key.

I found it intersetijng as well.. The point of merit $, is, after all to lure you away from better, higher ranked schools. St. John's is unquestionably a better school than NYL so I found just plain weird (17.5 from St.J's and 12 from NYL btw)
Now, a couple questions:
Where, exactly is Hofstra and what is is ranked (2004 or 05)?
scolomon. tou seem to be leaning towards Hofstra over NYL judging by yourother posts? Am I mistaken? Thanks for the answers, just curious as I won't be attending either in the Fall...

abc12345

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 09:11:06 PM »
hofstras in LI, it's third tier i believe, don't quote me though :)

are u attending sju then?

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2004, 09:19:57 PM »
Don't know yet, still waiting on a BUNCH of other apps, but I like the school and the $. My major dilemma is that they want $750 by April 1st - which is alot. But if I don't get in anywhere else/better by then I will  have to plunk down the deposit. I do really like the school - it seems like nice, tranquil place to be at school, and yet also really close to the city, which I like.