Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Middle Initials  (Read 2017 times)

calliemae

Middle Initials
« on: September 26, 2004, 01:04:07 PM »
I have two middle names and just realized that the middle initial on my driver's license is different than the one of my LSAT admission ticket. Since the LSAT is next weekend I'm really worried that I won't be able to rectify this issue. Does anyone think this will be an issue?!

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Middle Initials
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 01:08:17 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it.  I would be surprised if the people at my test center even noticed something like that.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 02:04:44 PM »
Just make sure to bring an extra form of ID just in case, that has something with both initials, or your full name (a passport, a social security card, or even something like a tuition bill.  Anything with your full name)

I doubt they'd check, but at least you own't have to worry about it if you have your bases covered.

RockyMtnHighMama

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 09:10:29 PM »
I had exactly this problem.

How it arose was because my undergrad transcript carries my maiden name for middle (since I got married between my Junior and Senior years); to keep the stuff straight when doing LSAC paperwork, I just put in the H from my maiden name.

But I've been using my actual middle name for my legal initial since coming to Colorado. So my driver's license AND my passport AND my city rec center card AND every other legal document for the last 12 years has A for the middle initial.

And of course I didn't notice the discrepancy until the morning of the test. I ran to the bank, got out my passport out of the safe-deposit box, hoping it would have my maiden name somewhere on it, but no such luck.

I was near tears. (And then add the parking fiasco at the test site). What a mess.

But there was nothing I could do about it then. Let's just say it didn't help the pre-test anxiety any.

So I decided to just get in line with the other test takers, plop my drivers licence down with my LSAC ticket, put my thumb on the paper and act like there was no big deal.

The lady glanced at the licence and ticket, glanced at me to see if I was the same person as in the license picture, chopped the print and waved me on. 5 seconds, tops.

The middle initial never even came up.

However, since you've got a week to do something about it, and you sure as sunrise don't want to be sweating this all week, I'd suggest you call LSAC first thing tomorrow morning, get it changed, and reprint your ticket.

Good luck.

calliemae

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 11:35:20 AM »
Spoke to LSAC first thing this morning and they said "middle initial is not an issue". WHEW!

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 02:16:17 PM »
Another problem solved!