Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I really did horrible...  (Read 1888 times)

Bowie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I really did horrible...
« on: October 19, 2007, 09:23:59 PM »
First of, congrats to all those who got good scores. Can't say the same for me. I am devastated, as I'm sure are many others, with my score. I'm too ashamed to even say it but it isn't good enough to get into the schools I want. I was overconfident and thought I had prepared adequately. I was wrong. I am definitely going to retake, but I feel like from now til December is not enough time for me to improve enough where I can get a significantly higher score, which leads me to two questions:

1. Are classroom courses helpful? They are pretty damn expensive  I just want to know which ones are the best and if they are even worth the $1,000 plus you pay for them

2. I would obviously retake in February, I know trying to get in Fall 08 with February puts me at a disadvantage, so do any decent schools accept Feb LSAT scores?

3. Do any good schools have the option of beginning in the Spring term?

Thanks to all.

laughing hard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I really did horrible...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 09:30:08 PM »
Sorry that the test didn't pan out like you wanted!

1: I found TM to be excellent--totally worth the cost.

2: not sure...

3: I don't know of any. Most law schools like to keep their 1L's (especially) on the same page.
UCLA Law Class of 2011

Bowie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 12:02:52 AM »
Yeah, there are schools I can get into with my score..not great ones, but schools nonetheless...I will probably use this score to apply to these lower ranked scores, then I will study for the next 3 and half months and take a class and if my score goes up significantly, I will either try to get in for Fall 08, but if it is too late, then I will have to wait til 09. But if there is no real improvement after that, I will just go to one of the schools I can get into and just work my ass off and hopefully transfer to the school I really want to go to.

dankus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 10:06:57 AM »

Define good?

Baylor does, but that doesn't qualify at a T1.

hort stu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 11:17:29 AM »
1. Are classroom courses helpful? They are pretty damn expensive  I just want to know which ones are the best and if they are even worth the $1,000 plus you pay for them

I took a PS course and I'm not thrilled with my improvement.

Forget the course find a great tutor and spend your money wisely.  If you need me to elaborate search my posts.  I've been rallying against these courses for a few weeks now.

studymaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 11:51:43 AM »

Define good?

*sigh* baylor, you have my heart but not my head...

What's the Buzz on Baylor around these parts. As I hear it they are the marines of law school, tough as hell to get through, but hottest fire = strongest steel. Is that how they are generally seen, as high practical prep but not alot on the prestige side?
It is whispered that soon, if we all heed the call, the piper will lead us to reason.

Bowie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 11:57:24 AM »
Testmasters180 and Powerscore (which are almost identical classes) are the best.  The benefit of Powerscore is that they use the Powerscore books, which are really good.  No matter what class you take you should get the Powerscore books.

Yeah, I had the powerscore books, which is why I am so devastated...I thought they would have really helped me. But, like I said, I didn't prepare enough. I only went hard for about a month and half and only took 7 practice test...yeah, pretty stupid huh? In the next 3 and half months before the Feb test, I am going to take about 40 practice tests, re-read the powerscore books, and take a class, and hopefully I can improve significantly..

hort stu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 03:10:53 PM »
I am going to take about 40 practice tests, re-read the powerscore books, and take a class, and hopefully I can improve significantly..

Seriously I cant stress this enough... skip the class.  Spend your money on a tutor.  The classes waste a lot of time.  You end up sitting through hours of review on stuff you understand.  The tutor will focus on your weaknesses.

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 08:02:41 PM »

Define good?

*sigh* baylor, you have my heart but not my head...

What's the Buzz on Baylor around these parts. As I hear it they are the marines of law school, tough as hell to get through, but hottest fire = strongest steel. Is that how they are generally seen, as high practical prep but not alot on the prestige side?

Just be sure you visit before you go... I got the worst vibes.  Also, not enough bang for the buck if you're paying most of your tuition.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 09:14:47 PM »

If (and only if) you want more than anything to be a courtroom attack dog, Baylor is the place to be.