Law School Discussion

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
Re: I blew it
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2007, 02:17:45 AM »
Please just ignore him.  He's obviously an idiot who thinks that "I have other factors besides being black" means "Affirmative Action programs don't exist!!!!111"

He'll either grow up eventually, or he'll die alone.  Leave the decision to him; don't fuel his hate.

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2007, 03:17:11 AM »
The deal is I have other factors besides that I am black.

The deal is that had you not ticked the "AA" box in your application, you would be looking at a very different cycle. HTFH

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2007, 09:09:14 AM »
Don't worry.  You'll not only break into the first tier, but get into a T14 or T25 school.  I've read many of your posts and I have to hand it to you -- you've got "it."

If by "it", you mean the african blackness, then yes, he's got that in spades. It's amazing what a touch of the magic marker can do for a sub-par LSAT score. Go AA!

Now I gotta go see about getting that extra crispy tan and that tribal affiliation card from my pimp, Leroy. Awwwww Yeahhh.

Truth didn't get into these schools because he's black.  HTH.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHA!!! That is the funniest thing I've heard!!

Are you implying that being African American doesn't give you an automatic LSAT boost, along with various other perks? An overwhelming amount of empirical evidence seems to suggest otherwise, fcukface.

FYI: This user has been banned from Law School Discussion for personal/racial harassment. 

Thanks,

The Mgt.

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2007, 10:39:23 PM »
I read these sorts of threads all of the time on this board.  "Oh no, I didn't get a 180 on the LSAT, my life is over" nonsense.  Since when does a three digit number determine what kind of person you are?  So many people at my undergrad claim to want to go to law school, and when they don't get into choice #1, it's all over.  I say, go to a solid school, and don't judge yourself by the success of others.  Would going to an Ivy Leage school really matter when it's all said and done?  I don't mean to suggest that all schools are equal, because they certainly are not.  But if you think the University of (insert state) is truly better than the University of (insert state), you are simply ignoring the fact that almost all law schools are purely regional.  Ohio St. grads stay in Ohio, Tennessee grad stay there, etc.

I really respect people with lofty goals, I really do.  But I am a realist.  I am from Kentucky, and I would do anything to get into the University of Kentucky.  A 157 would probably be good enough for that given my GPA.  That school is always ranked around 60th in USNews, but so what?  Getting rejected from Yale or Harvard etc. wouldn't end my life at all.  I just wish that more people on this board would realize that most people are not going to score in the high 160's or 170's.  I am honestly aiming at a 160-164 when I take the test this June, but as long as I get at least a 151+ I'll go somewhere. 
But please, don't just give up on law school (or even take a year off) just because you don't get into a school that some 3rd-rate magazine told you was good.  Honestly, if it weren't for that stupid ranking system, most people wouldn't be nearly as obessed with random things such as the "T14."
Most people score a 150 or worse, and don't go to law school at all.  Just think if you opened that e-mail and it read "137."

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2007, 09:21:51 PM »
Don't give up people. I almost did.

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2007, 09:43:13 PM »
CRAP THAT GAME WAS TODAY. I WANTED TO WATCH THAT

lp1283

• Skateboard Scooter + Acid-wash Jeans, priceless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2007, 10:51:37 AM »

You did miss a good one.  It was a close hard fought game that came down to the wire. A real nail biter in parts and was filled with excitement. 38-35

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-071229patriots,0,7305419.story?coll=chi_breaking_500

The Patriots set a lot of records with this and got a 180 in more ways than one!

It was the only Pats game of the season worth watching. 

I love being from Boston!  ;D

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »

You did miss a good one.  It was a close hard fought game that came down to the wire. A real nail biter in parts and was filled with excitement. 38-35

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-071229patriots,0,7305419.story?coll=chi_breaking_500

The Patriots set a lot of records with this and got a 180 in more ways than one!

The playoffs are going to be fun.  The other teams are going to be gunning for them big time!  The defense looked a little tired yesterday.

I'm hoping the Jags take them out in the 2nd round!

lp1283

• Skateboard Scooter + Acid-wash Jeans, priceless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2007, 03:39:29 PM »

The playoffs are going to be fun.  The other teams are going to be gunning for them big time!  The defense looked a little tired yesterday.

I'm hoping the Jags take them out in the 2nd round!

Even though I'm not much of a football/sports person (but obv. follow the games of any MA team) I agree the defense did look tired. They are the most hated to say the least so I'm sure its going to be interesting. Actually I'm hoping the other teams put up a good fight in the playoffs. Watching them win (by crazy numbers) got boring after a while.