Law School Discussion

Re: I blew it
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 08:28:12 AM »
Eh, don't worry about it. I'm in the same boat as you, only having scored one point higher on this one than I did on the June (163-164). The way I'm looking at it: now at least I know my target/reach/safety schools, and I can concentrate on where I have a realistic shot at getting in, and where I should end my pipe dreams.

How is scoring one point higher to reach 158 in the same boat as one point higher to rach 164-165 (which, should either be one of the other, not a range, but OK)?  Truth wanted to go to Columbia, so why say "eh don't worry about it"?  Not trying to be harsh but to me this read like half hearted consolation to Truth quickly morphed into pumping your fists for yourself.  But, congratulations to you.

I don't think it was like that at all. I wasn't pumping my fists at all - I similarly was disappointed with both my scores. I wanted to go to Emory, but that's most likely not going to happen any more. The main point of my post was to let Truth know that he wasn't alone in underperforming, and also to try and put things in a bit more positive light.

But yeah, I'm gonna go and watch my Gators College Gameday now.

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2007, 10:19:48 AM »
Think about how much ass you can kick at a T2 school.  And making $70k starting salary out of a T2 school is NOT bad money.  *&^% you should be so lucky... imagine what some people go through with a single mom mkaing $25k a year supporting 2 children.  Then ask yourself if going to a T2 and making $70k is really that bad.  Hell I got a 169 and I would be pleased as *&^% to go to Temple or L&C.

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2007, 10:43:07 AM »
Think about how much ass you can kick at a T2 school.  And making $70k starting salary out of a T2 school is NOT bad money.  sh*t you should be so lucky... imagine what some people go through with a single mom mkaing $25k a year supporting 2 children.  Then ask yourself if going to a T2 and making $70k is really that bad.  Hell I got a 169 and I would be pleased as sh*t to go to Temple or L&C.

Of topic: tetris cehck out http://www.aldf.org/ they just started a chapter at my school, maybe they have chapers at the schools your looking at. L&C is a great school, but I crossed them off due to thier evil curve.

What school are you at again?

Cabra

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 11:16:31 AM »
Think about how much ass you can kick at a T2 school.  And making $70k starting salary out of a T2 school is NOT bad money.  sh*t you should be so lucky... imagine what some people go through with a single mom mkaing $25k a year supporting 2 children.  Then ask yourself if going to a T2 and making $70k is really that bad.  Hell I got a 169 and I would be pleased as sh*t to go to Temple or L&C.

Of topic: tetris cehck out http://www.aldf.org/ they just started a chapter at my school, maybe they have chapers at the schools your looking at. L&C is a great school, but I crossed them off due to thier evil curve.

What school are you at again?

Denver where the world series will be in a week. And if I'm lucky I'll be there! :)

How about them Rockies, eh? I never thought it would happen, but our team is out of its adolescence and actually playing some baseball! I remember when I was in 2nd grade and I went to a game in their very first season...

And Truth--see your pm--you did not blow it and you totally rule.

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2007, 12:13:47 PM »
I will respond by the end of the day

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2007, 12:18:38 PM »
Well, I'm really disappointed in my 170, but I looked at the ones I got wrong and there's really only one I'd answer differently if I took it over. A lot of questions were really close on this test.

Cabra

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2007, 12:25:29 PM »
Well, I'm really disappointed in my 170, but I looked at the ones I got wrong and there's really only one I'd answer differently if I took it over. A lot of questions were really close on this test.

Go hang out at Top Law Schools--you're not going to get much sympathy here.

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2007, 12:27:47 PM »
I was disappointed in my 169-- I was expecting 170/171 BOTTOM, up to about 174 or more.  I feel like a feminine hygiene product though seeing all these stories.  And everyone's jaw drops here at home when I tell them I got a 169 (97th percentile).  169/170 is pretty amazing and anything above that is just overkill imho.

wtracing

• Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2007, 12:31:06 PM »
Hey Truth,

I gotta say I've been following this MB for several months, finally registered so that I could post; and I have always found your posts informative and helpful. I bombed this test, I mean bombed it. I gotta retake, and I hope I do better. I know this was your 2nd time around, but believe me I know the feeling. Truth is, I know a lot of successful lawyers in the 100+ club who went to schools that are in the 155 average LSAT range. I'd go, kick arse for a year, be top in your class, and think about transferring, or: keep kicking arse, be top in class, get a great job equal to the T14 kids and live on. I started my practice in the 155 range, and I've hit low-mid 160's on practice tests, blew this test with a 154 due to some errors. Sometimes I get down thinking about going to schools in this range, but I realize thats a MAJORITY of law students going in the #30 and under schools. I dont think most of the lawyers here are starving on the street. If you really want to be a lawyer, go do it. Just do it man, I'd hate to see the legal career miss someone evidently as bright as you just over a stupid test score. Sorry for the rant, but I know where you're coming from a bit and this is my rationalization to myself and others.

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2007, 01:51:36 PM »
I'd like to thank the people posting in this thread with the positive messages.  I was dismayed by my latest score of 157, which was a 3 point improvement over the June sitting.  But I can see from the posts that I'll hunker down for the December and work to get that score up.  If it doesn't happen, I'll move on knowing that even 175+ is no guarantee of acceptance at T14.  Plus, it just means that the school that accepts me will get an intelligent person with a chip on his shoulder to show that a number does not define his worth.

Again, thanks from somebody who had lost perspective because he hadn't taken a standardized test since the SAT's 16 years ago until this year.