Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Official, MEGA-Authorized September 2007 Hedgehogs thread (- NOW! WITH! SCORES!  (Read 21824 times)

GunnerDore

160, after making a 165 in June essentially cold, and after averaging 170+ on practice tests prior to this test.

Crying and then drinking ensued.

Pretentious Undergrad

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pip pip, children.
    • View Profile
 :) Thanks Jeffort.

RiddledBasins

• View Profile
Congrats.  163 is a really good score and you can travel with that.  It is right on the cuff of the 90th percentile.  Sure, higher than that would be better but you are still pretty much in the top ~10% of test takers.

Thanks Jeffort.  I know your post wasn't directed at me, but I also got a 163.  I realize this is a great score in the real world, but a few days of posting here pretty much killed my buzz.  The way you mention where we stand at 163 really puts things into perspective.

RiddledBasins

• View Profile
163 for this guy. -7 on games which is WAYYY below where I was at with my last prep tests. I don't know how to feel about this. I'm not really that happy with my score but I can't really justify the time and expense of a re-take either. 163 will get me into probably any LS in Canada, except U of T which I'm not sure I want anyway. Sigh, I dunno... mixed feelings on this one.

I almost feel the same way with my 163.  I'm a Canadian applying to Canadian schools, but I was hoping for a 165 to ensure my chances.  When I first saw my score, I wasn't extremely happy, but like you I can't justify the time and expense of a re-take, because if I am to be totally honest with myself, 163 was just about my average.  Sure, I've scored higher in practice, but I've also scored equally lower, and as it stands the chances of my scoring a 165 on a re-take are just as good as my chances of a 162.  Studying for the LSAT was an emotionally draining experience, and there are much better things I could do with my time, since the potential payoff wouldn't even be that much more significant.  Thus, I'm just going to have to accept my 163.

Pretentious Undergrad

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pip pip, children.
    • View Profile
there are much better things I could do with my time, since the potential payoff wouldn't even be that much more significant.  Thus, I'm just going to have to accept my 163.

That sums up exactly how I feel, too. Nice to know there is someone in the same boat.

viv

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Jeffort I was thinking of you... it looks really bad from the pictures and from hearing everyone's reactions.  Hope you stay safe.

killblues

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Haven't been on in a while, but from the looks of things I guess it's not too bad that I canceled.  Whew.

Congrats to you guys though!  Some of you had really amazing scores, wow.