Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Caffeine + LSAT?  (Read 2068 times)

Hurley97

Caffeine + LSAT?
« on: September 26, 2004, 01:34:30 AM »
Is it a good idea to drink Red Bull or a highly charged coffee from Starbucks before the LSAT?  I've considered this, but I wonder if the caffeine froma Red Bull would spazz me out so that I couldn't even think straight. 

What do you all think?  Lots of caffeine, no caffeine, a little bit?  Be sure to explain why.

???

foxnewssucks

Re: Caffeine + LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 01:36:57 AM »
Depends.  Do you usually have a bunch of caffeine in the mornings?  Don't do something that you body is not use to.

Hurley97

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 01:38:08 AM »
I usually only have about a cup, and it is my home brew. 

foxnewssucks

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 01:38:55 AM »
I would just keep it at that if I were you, probably could go two cups or something.

lexylit

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 02:39:52 AM »
hurley, caffeine is a diuretic, and the lsat is a very long test with very few bathroom breaks.

i would recommend two excedrin, or maybe a shot of espresso. no superventigigantic coffee. bad move.

midlife catharsis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 03:18:34 AM »
I was formerly a caffeine junky, and I went cold turkey several months ago.  Coffee was great for my previous life as an multitasking, constantly-interrupted engineering consultant, but (for me) caffeine is a hinderance to the kind of thinking required by the LSAT.

If you're addicted, you've obviously got to feed your habit.  If your not, and you're looking for a mental boost, there are far more effective substances than coffee for peak lsat performance, imo. 

marymountfort

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 09:35:54 AM »
It is said that caffeine makes people nervous, however, I found it useful to me. It will be OK if you don't take too much, especially when you are a regular coffee drinker.

thinknpositive

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 10:50:15 AM »
It is said that caffeine makes people nervous, however, I found it useful to me. It will be OK if you don't take too much, especially when you are a regular coffee drinker.

Yeah caffeine definitely adds to test anxiey.  It's so damn addictive though.  I feel sick in the morning when I don't have time to make coffee.

Jennifer10

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 01:40:06 PM »
Hurley- I drink Red Bull & I love it.  The only thing is, if u drink too much (like I have during finals week) then it will definitely make u nervous, jittery, perky and very awake.  I just drink 1 in the morning to get me going & 1 or 2 throughout the day to keep me going.  It just depends on what I have going on.

My advice to u- just try it & see if u like it.

Silversoma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me at Radiohead- Thunderbird Stadium, August/03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 08:40:40 PM »
I've always been curious about Red Bull, so maybe I'll try that this week...

I tend to drink 1 coffee a day, sometimes a 2nd in the afternoon if I need it, and I have been known before to use 20+ servings of coffee as a stimulant to stay awake 72+ hours in extreme cases (end of semester deadlines).

But I realize 20+ cups of coffee saturday morning might be a little extreme, and give me a bad tummy ache  :-\

Practice LSATs so far: 156 155 157 155 157 161 162 161 155 155 160 164 166 161 170 166 168 160 163 162 172

LSAT's finished... I don't have to think about law school for a year now.
********* GO Team Canada GO!!!!! ***********