Law School Discussion

Why I Didn't Take An LSAT Review Course

Re: Why I Didn't Take An LSAT Review Course
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 11:10:01 PM »
These blog plugs suck. You said nothing insightful and use Wordpress to boot.

Jeffrey, I am not the only one who thinks like this regarding lawschoolblogger.com.

The point of my above post was to encourage the OP to develop his ideas a bit more, because he comes up with some great topics. I was simply saying that when I click on one of his posts that I think is going to be a useful thread or interesting discussion, it is filled with hardly anything helpful.

lawschoolblogger.com might have the possibility of really taking off if the creator was able to provide a little more substance instead of mere "entertainment."

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 11:38:02 PM »
lol

For next time, just in case:

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 04:33:52 PM »
David Sedaris once wrote, “The truly crazy are labeled so on the grounds that they see nothing wrong with their behavior.”  Similarly, bad test takers don’t grasp how bad they are at taking tests until they get their grades back. If they knew how poorly they were going to do, they would study harder. That’s the best way I can explain my decision not to take any LSAT review courses.

I might justify my decision by saying 1) I did well on the SAT, 2) the LSAT is just one letter away, 3) my ex-workout buddy, who got into a prestigious California law school—a prestigious ABA-accredited California law school—told me that the LSAT and SAT are “pretty much the same test,” and 4) I believed him.

Unfortunately, in making my decision I failed to consider that 1) my parents forced me take a Princeton Review course before the SAT, 2) the course greatly improved my SAT score, and 3) the reason I stopped working out with my ex-workout buddy was that I couldn’t tolerate his habitual lying.

Cheers,
Learn more on my blog: LawSchoolBlogger

if you have to clarify that it is in face ABA-accredited...it's probably not prestigious. and are there really any non-ABA-accredited prestigious law schools?

Hmm..maybe not...my question would be, what is the MOST prestigious non-accredited school?  Like...is there one that's famous for being reputable?

Whenever I read one of your posts or go to your website, I see the title of your writing and think to myself "what a great subject to write about." Then I open up the thread and am severely disappointed. This thread is a case in point.

Derek, YOU are severely disappointing.  Whoever the OP is or whatever organization he/it is with it is providing valuable insight into the PROCESS, the STRUGGLE, the LIFE of it. 

You are living in fantasy land to think otherwise.  There are not even any ads on his blog!   ZERO revenue!  He is sharing life perspective to other similarly situated people, and also with some fun/entertainment too, I don't know why, but possibly to HELP people GET THROUGH IT and UNDERSTAND the realities of it and commiserate about it and relate. 

What do you think?

You, on the other hand, from your posts with that panda bear avatar and what you are sharing, well, pretty much NOTHING with others but hate and fighting words with a (is it intentional or just is what it is?) demonstrated lack of reading and reason.

The OP has been extremely rational and well measured with his text, UNLIKE YOU! 

You think this is all a big joke and just some fun and games that does not matter? 

I'm going to take a wild guess (sure I might be wrong, hence the word GUESS), you are probably about 19 to 23 years of age and have not really struggled with any of this stuff before and think you know all about it already.  And you also share NOTHING of value to the online community about any of it.  You are going to be in for some BIG surprises soon if I am right and you are actually in or getting into LS.

I don't wish harm on others, but if your lame attitude persists, you are going to get beaten up and eaten alive.  If you grow up a little and learn something called RESPECT and gratitude towards others that are WILLING TO SHARE PERSPECTIVE things might turn out differently for you.

Learn to get along with others and please stop being such a d-bag, people don't tend to share knowledge, perspective, wisdom, whatever with morons that just keep trying to kick those other people in the balls and do nothing else.

In case this is a foreign concept to you, it is called NETWORKING and also other things.   If you fail at that, you have no chance getting anywhere in the field of law. 

Good luck to you. 

PS:  You never responded to my PM to you from last year when I tried to make amends to you and just talk to you privately like a human after you started passing the LSAT proctor DVD link around and all those first threads about it went off. 

I am cool with people that are also cool and trying to do good service for others, whether there is profit involved or not, but not towards cowards and recalcitrant argumentative fools that don't step up to the plate so to speak to provide something in the mix.  You have failed my test on that on many levels. 

If you don't already know, part of being a lawyer is BEING an advocate for the BENEFIT of another person/party, providing guidance for them, fighting for THEIR best interests, going to bat for them, etc.  Miss that concept and just think about yourself and piss everyone else off, fight with and disparage everyone else, etc. and you will not make it anywhere.  Not just in LS and the law, but in life in general.   Give it a shot if you can.

And I will finish this off with some music to make the point, do the math.

Mexican Radio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_0gPrzGA0

Well, whoever you are, Mr. J., that's for sticking up for my posts/blog.

-Ricky

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 04:34:37 PM »
These blog plugs suck. You said nothing insightful and use Wordpress to boot.

Jeffrey, I am not the only one who thinks like this regarding lawschoolblogger.com.

The point of my above post was to encourage the OP to develop his ideas a bit more, because he comes up with some great topics. I was simply saying that when I click on one of his posts that I think is going to be a useful thread or interesting discussion, it is filled with hardly anything helpful.

lawschoolblogger.com might have the possibility of really taking off if the creator was able to provide a little more substance instead of mere "entertainment."

Really?  You really meant it to be constructive criticism?  Didn't read that way...

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »
Like this? 
Kidding, I will try, though.  Starting tomorrow.  Just been busy...

-RickLax

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 07:04:10 PM »
exlax make all come out in end.