Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's too old?  (Read 1003 times)

traffic777

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
What's too old?
« on: October 17, 2007, 10:07:29 AM »
What's the oldest test you would recommend for practice? I noticed that games are much easier now, for example...
3.95/162
137(c), 147(d1)...5months later... low 160s
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=traffic777

lawness

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What's too old?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 01:38:06 PM »
I am using all of them. I figured if I can solve the earliest games, I will be able to complete the newer, easier ones. Although, the LR sections of the earliest tests have different question stems that the more recent ones. This throws me off sometimes.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 07:37:44 PM »
The older ones couldnt hurt... too much... if you do it right.  I'd recommend starting w/ the older and ending w/ the newer.  If its the difference b/w 20 "old" and 20 "new" then do the newer.  But if you want to go all out and do every LSAT ever published then more power to you.
_______
.|E|R|S.

beni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 08:27:56 PM »
I am using all of them. I figured if I can solve the earliest games, I will be able to complete the newer, easier ones. Although, the LR sections of the earliest tests have different question stems that the more recent ones. This throws me off sometimes.

Be careful with that.  The older ones often required deeper inferences, but newer ones have different game types.  I can't stress enough that pure sequencing is showing up lately and is hardly covered in the LGB.  Everybody else seems to have a really easy time with these.  I find them unintuitive and had to guess on 2 questions on game #4 on the Sep. test (and not go back to check my other answers), which I haven't had to do on any of my practice tests since the earliest ones.  Guess which type of game it was.

lawness

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 08:33:59 PM »
say what..

beni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 08:38:37 PM »

I found the sept29-07 games actually pretty manageable, but only because the first 10 preptests got me ready for the ******* and ******.  am I not allowed to say that?  I don't know.  I'm editing it out.

That's the worst part.  I knew right away they weren't hard; I'm just not comfortable with those ones.

beni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 08:48:08 PM »
say what..

test hasn't be released yet.  and this is pretty much the most trafficked LSAT forum.  so I don't want to be the one a-hole who's up here talking about what was in the games section(s!!?!?) before there's been disclosure.

although probably this is all moot after the thorough Post-Mortems that were up here/are up all over.

I'm pretty sure it's kosher to talk about it in general terms.  The problems start when people post specific questions and answers or game setups.  LSAC's statement on the matter is actually pretty understanding, all things considered.  I still hate them in general, mind you.  I know there was somebody sitting in the office snickering when he banned mechanical pencils and digital watches from the test rooms.

RightHandRule

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 09:06:45 PM »
say what..

test hasn't be released yet.  and this is pretty much the most trafficked LSAT forum.  so I don't want to be the one a-hole who's up here talking about what was in the games section(s!!?!?) before there's been disclosure.

although probably this is all moot after the thorough Post-Mortems that were up here/are up all over.

I'm pretty sure it's kosher to talk about it in general terms.  The problems start when people post specific questions and answers or game setups.  LSAC's statement on the matter is actually pretty understanding, all things considered.  I still hate them in general, mind you.  I know there was somebody sitting in the office snickering when he banned mechanical pencils and digital watches from the test rooms.

I want to talk to the d-bag who banned iPods.  My preptests were in the upper 170s when I was listening to Britney (Hit Me Baby One More Time on repeat, mind you).

Oh no, Britney, really?  Granted, some of her older stuff had a good ring to it but she is a disaster now.
Toxic was a good song..